PDA

View Full Version : droool......

jerk
03-28-2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2006/features/petacchi_colnago

mortgage the house mrs. jerk, mr. jerk needs one of these.

jerk

shinomaster
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
cute cute.

Grant McLean
03-28-2006, 09:38 PM
sponge-worthy

-g

http://www.medgadget.com/archives/img/today-sponge.jpg

catulle
03-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Jezzz, the stem is almost as long as the top tube. I couldnīt ride that baby if I wanted to.

ergott
03-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Damn, you think homeboy likes short chainstays?

Do you know the angles?

Fixed
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
bro did you notice the jet ? and new d.a. wheels look cool i.m.h.o
cheers

Johny
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Snipped...Colnago was quick to emphasize to Cyclingnews that, "This bike for Petacchi is a special custom prototype for him and at this point, we don't have any plans to sell it to the public."

They don't have a plan to sell C2???

pdxmech13
03-29-2006, 01:43 AM
zabel's is cooler imho

The Spider
03-29-2006, 01:50 AM
if his frame is a lengthened 56cm or 57cm...and they weigh in at 900 to 1000g....it is substantially reinforced if his is 1340g!

that's a third more carbon, people!

cs124
03-29-2006, 01:54 AM
...I'm all shook up.

Climb01742
03-29-2006, 05:05 AM
interesting old school touch: DA alu seatpost. i have one; just picked it up; surprisingly light. and you can crank 'em down, nice and tight. lance used it too, even as he pushed trek to take every ounce off his trek. just wish shimano made 'em in black.

stevep
03-29-2006, 06:36 AM
to say the least...hes got a third more power in those long legs.
plus he goes up hills like the jerk.
jerk, i put vdb on my flanders team. he better finish in the top 10 or i hold you responsible... my other choice would have been mattan...so watch out!

Hysbrian
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
we can at least start with the white track suit!

Dr. Doofus
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
man...doof is the same height and weight...and could never ride that thing....

PanTerra
03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Gitmo dude, gitmo.

dbrk
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
I think Johny made this point but it's really worth noting...more than that massive bb, those short chainstays will give this bike some serious gitty-up and go: pounce and it will fly. But I'm not sure I'd love to descend on it or that doing so wouldn't tax the attention. When a wheelbase is this short (I mean look at how snug that rear wheel is...yikes!), the bike is going to be super nimble but it's also going to require a lot of focus when it's being "passive". "Actively" speaking this rig would make you PAY ATTENTION but passively, when say coasting, it will sustain that attention. Not a bike for the weak, tired, or exhausted making their way home, hoping that the bike will ride them home. Make sense? Anyway, good luck to Ale Jet: he is scary, scary fast.

dbrk

p.s. Okay, so I looked at the spec and maybe it's the picture exaggerating but the sta does look shallower and the cs shorter than the numbers suggest. Still, long, low, short, and quick to handle, no doubt about it.

sg8357
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Snipped...Colnago was quick to emphasize to Cyclingnews that, "This bike for Petacchi is a special custom prototype for him and at this point, we don't have any plans to sell it to the public."

They don't have a plan to sell C2???

You have to send a notarized Powertap trace of your sprint, then they build the bike, if you're worthy.

I sent mine in, they sent me a PX-10.

Scott G.

Dr. Doofus
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
You have to send a notarized Powertap trace of your sprint, then they build the bike, if you're worthy.

Scott G.

they sent me a big wheel

Johny
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM

Scott G.

They sent me Dr. Ferrari's number.

djg
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM
they sent me a big wheel

What's Ernesto charge for a carbon fiber big wheel these days?

Dr. Doofus
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
What's Ernesto charge for a carbon fiber big wheel these days?

he gave doof non-heat-treated 7005 AL, said he was lucky to have it, and sent him packing

manet
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
pro? provo?

http://www.zenunbound.com/graphics/tricycleboxershorts.jpg

Ken Robb
03-29-2006, 02:37 PM
they sent me the Ducati Factory phone number as they saw no hope for me on anything without a motor.

Grant McLean
03-29-2006, 03:07 PM
interesting old school touch: DA alu seatpost.

I noticed that too, but it looks like a longer length than DA on AleJet's bike.
Looks like maybe the XTR one without a logo?

-g

dirtdigger88
03-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I noticed that too, but it looks like a longer length than DA on AleJet's bike.
Looks like maybe the XTR one without a logo?

-g

agreed- I just measured the usable length of a DA post- it 16.5 cm-

add that to the 56.5 c to top of the seat tube-

looks like a DA post would end up 9 - 10 cm short depending on his saddle height-

I based my estimates on my own saddle height- he and I am about the same height-

Jason

stevep
03-29-2006, 04:53 PM

i sent mine in and they sent me 10 toilet paper rolls and some elmers glue!

Spicoli
03-29-2006, 06:15 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2006/features/petacchi_colnago

mortgage the house mrs. jerk, mr. jerk needs one of these.

jerk
I got mine, and you need another one brother! :beer: THE BEST! and if you feel cool you can actually go faster :cool:

Climb01742
03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
spicoli, what's your reach on that bad boy? looks ale-jet worthy! sweet rig.

Spicoli
03-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Tip of saddle to center of bar is 60. Forgot the reach on the bars though, Deda Belgians? His TT is frikken huge and probably has a foot more drop. Difference between SUPER HUMAN and barely human!

EdK
03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Until the Dogma arrives......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7226606182

Geometry is certainly correct for the man.......

jerk
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
I think Johny made this point but it's really worth noting...more than that massive bb, those short chainstays will give this bike some serious gitty-up and go: pounce and it will fly. But I'm not sure I'd love to descend on it or that doing so wouldn't tax the attention. When a wheelbase is this short (I mean look at how snug that rear wheel is...yikes!), the bike is going to be super nimble but it's also going to require a lot of focus when it's being "passive". "Actively" speaking this rig would make you PAY ATTENTION but passively, when say coasting, it will sustain that attention. Not a bike for the weak, tired, or exhausted making their way home, hoping that the bike will ride them home. Make sense? Anyway, good luck to Ale Jet: he is scary, scary fast.

dbrk

p.s. Okay, so I looked at the spec and maybe it's the picture exaggerating but the sta does look shallower and the cs shorter than the numbers suggest. Still, long, low, short, and quick to handle, no doubt about it.

its the picture exaggerating it. the stays are short per regular colnago specs....it is a 73' seat angle; but the front is long and the front wheel is kicked out so things aren't really that twitchy with this style bike...dbrk- if you want to see the eptiome of the type of bicycle you decide- a real kermesse/crit bike you have to look at the jerk's ble with longish stays, steepish seat angles massive amounts of bb drop and a front wheel tucked so tight it's hit the downtube if round didn't know exactly what he was doing....all in all the wheelbase and the weight balance is the same=except petacchi's bike can tool around comfortably in the group for 200km....the emma lives for hard corners and constant high-wattage attacks...in the last five hundred meters neither bike would lose an athlete the race.

jerk

Elefantino
03-29-2006, 11:02 PM
That way he can see the reflection of Boonen's rainbow-striped Time go whooshing by at the line.
:argue: