PDA

View Full Version : X-Mas Eve Surprise

Vamoots58
12-24-2014, 02:28 PM
This lovely box arrived at the LBS this morning (here it is sitting in my shop at home). I ordered a Routt 45 several weeks ago. The shop owner and I did the quick inspection and he shot some pics for the store site. Not an X-Mas present, but can't wait to tear this open. With getting ready for Christmas for the kids and hosting X-Mas dinner here, probably won't get back to that box until friday.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Mile-Rich New Year to all on the Paceline!!!

Cicli
12-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see it.

commonguy001
12-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I echo the awesome comment.
If I ever upgrade my warbird Ti that will be the frame

Great Christmas surprise even if it wasn't a Christmas present!

makoti
12-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Boxed Moots. Built Moots. Colnago bike & parts on shelf. Campy wheels. Enve Wheels. Concept2 rower. Niiiiicccceee workshop. ;-)

PQJ
12-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Looks like you have a really nice garage. What's your address? :)

Schmed
12-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I was at the Moots plant in Steamboat the other day and threw a leg over the Routt 45 that was in the showroom. In my brain, I heard an audible.... "oooohhhhh. This is the one."

I think I'd pull an all-nighter building up that bike, if I were you.

Cat3roadracer
12-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I could not imagine that box unopened, unbuilt.

shovelhd
12-24-2014, 05:49 PM
I could not imagine that box unopened, unbuilt.

Willpower test.

Enjoy.

Bradford
12-24-2014, 06:39 PM
It would be out of the box and next to my bed tonight if it were mine, and built up tomorrow. Merry Mootsy Christmas!

Javaman
12-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Same here, I have an unopened box in my storage right now. Not a new bike but used and bought from a forumite here. Told myself not gonna open it until the holidays' are over but...what the heck!:)

sw3759
12-24-2014, 08:36 PM
i'll bet whoever said its better to give than receive never received a new Moots for Xmas.:)
congrats..how about some info on what you got planned for the build?
disc or canti?

SpeedyChix
12-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Sweet! That came quick.
Hope you can get it built up Friday. It's "raining" snow here now.

Matthew
12-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Got a Moots Rigormootis in my basement right now begging for parts! Love Moots!!

gearguywb
12-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Very nice! I have a Routt on order myself :)

SlackMan
12-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Looks like you have a really nice garage. What's your address? :)

I have a great, but unfortunately unoriginal idea: Let's make all forum members use their real names. That way, it's easier to figure out where they live. :cool:

Herein, we demonstrate another problem with the former policy across the hall.

pzung
12-26-2014, 10:09 AM
This lovely box arrived at the LBS this morning (here it is sitting in my shop at home). I ordered a Routt 45 several weeks ago. The shop owner and I did the quick inspection and he shot some pics for the store site. Not an X-Mas present, but can't wait to tear this open. With getting ready for Christmas for the kids and hosting X-Mas dinner here, probably won't get back to that box until friday.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Mile-Rich New Year to all on the Paceline!!!
Enjoy building it and post some pictures please.

aaronka
12-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to seeing built photos, haven't seen that many Routt's yet. And wondering if it's the frame to replace my Psychlo x... Thus a ride report would be great too! Enjoy.

Vamoots58
12-27-2014, 08:47 PM
didn't get out for a ride on this lovely upper 50's December day, but I did get a little work done this morning before everyone got up...

- Pressed in the CK InSet & set Crown Race
- Installed stem/spacer, have to determine ultimate bar position (i.e. spacer)
- Installed the Campy BB cups
- Handlebars and Shifters mounted

Set up will be Campy Record with TRP HY/RD brakes. May swap the Moots seatpost for an ENVE set back. The Pacenti wheels I built up for this are in the background of a couple of the pictures. Looking forward to trying Kirk's new SL25 rims!!

Mikej
12-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Cool frame they sure have improved how the 44mm head tube looks.

Vamoots58
01-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Wow - amazing how little you can get done when life takes back over from holiday vacation time. Took the bike for a super quick spin around the neighborhood to confirm the drivetrain was properly adjusted. Was also trying to bed the new HY/RD's. They are an intriguing offering, but they feel a little mushy with the Campy levers. I have topped off the fluid, so we'll give them a few rides and see if they improve. Apologies for the crappy garage phone pics.

Total Build as follows:

Moots Rout 45 (55cm w/ 1cm taller headtube)
ENVE CX Disc fork
Pacenti SL25/R45 Campy Disc/CX-Ray Wheels
Campy Record 11 Drivetrain
Moots Stem (may need to go 10mm longer)
ENVE Zero set back Seatpost
Fizik Kurve Chameleon Saddle
Vittoria XN Pro Tires

-Need the King Cages-

aaronka
01-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Baller bike. Looks like it can go anywhere and do anything. Very interesting setup. I'm curious how the brakes sort out and what weight this rig comes to. And of course a ride report!

firerescuefin
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
....and that's how it's done.....Wow. :beer:

tiretrax
01-17-2015, 10:08 PM
That's a great looking bike, and it looks like a good fit for me. Is there a Lyft-type app for bikes? Congratulations on a beautiful build.

tigoat
01-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Wow I have not seen a Moots with that much slope on the top tube but it is fine looking Moots nonetheless. Moots, Campagnolo, and disc brakes what not to like!

alancw3
01-18-2015, 08:49 AM
nice! enjoy! i just love moots bikes. simple, clean and effective.