PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite forum members that you've never met ?

Smiley
03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I have two that I would love to meet and one that I maybe dissapointed to meet ( like Dorothy when she finally met the Wizard of Oz ).

Roy Munson ( where are you Roy? and thanks for the pedals )
Big Mac ( we all miss your guidence )

Love to meet and ride with these guys someday

Jerk , sorry pal , I'd rather you stay a legend in my mind :) I love you though and would love to keep up with you some day on a ride ;)

Climb01742
03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
douglas and 11.4 and the international man of mystery, dnovo.

well, ok, roy e munson. why the hell not?

Bruce K
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
dnovo for sure. Rides, car talk, what could be better?

Shino - he just seems like such a hoot.

BK

Ken Robb
03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
dnovo doesn't seem to drink enough red wine so he's not perfect.

Serpico
03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
If I'm ever in Florida I would lookup Fixed see if he'll go for a ride. He could teach me plenty.

dbrk is very wise, but he seems pretty busy--I'm just glad he posts here when he can.

I met dirtdigger briefly. Look forward to riding with him, Samster also. Louis and Frank Beshear are around here and are good guys I haven't met in person yet, hopefully meet them on rides.

The framebuilders and Serotta builders are a wealth of information. I would love to go to a lecture or question/answer session held by any of them. Lots of good info :beer:

Sandy is the ringleader--rebel without a pause--of this gang called "Serotta Forum". Truly a unique individual, out for cheap kicks and thrills--seems dangerous and reckless. Brando in The Wild One perched on top a Ottrott is the image I get from him. Very ruthless individual. :p

CNY rider
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I met some of you really cool folks last summer at Open House.

I'm really looking forward to meeting more at Douglas's house this August. It's all good.

Serotta PETE
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
DBRK, Dave Novo, Mr e-Richie, Mr Kirk. Mr Sandy. These are in no special order of importance.

THey are make my day better///////// as does everyone else on the forum

Thanks

neverraced
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Fixed. No contest. In my humble opinion.

Fixed
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM
bro i rode with red turbo a couple of weeks ago and it was a gas .any of my bros that come to tampa p.m. me and i'll hook you up with a ride and show you ybor city's nite life . cheers
each of you guys are special I'd have to list all of the bros on the fourm.
I have met ben serotta before and thet was cool he signed my bike and i gave him a paint pen when he was in clearwater a few years ago .. I'd like to ride with grant to see his new bike and talk about jazz ,and weisan about god . and jerk about how a bike should be ..too tall how to train..and master sachs cos he is a human legend . and doof cos he's like a smart me .. mr smith former bike mess turned builder how did he do that?.. the professor and ginger and gilligan....oh not him tom burns who got my bike for me and christoph for the saddle and mr munson for nice selcof seatpost argoss who loaned me his wheels for long as i needed them serpico who is the only bro i know that thinks i know some thing ... don't tell him... then there is d.d. and t.w. ken and my smart brother fly in washington and manet cos i love art .bro when you are a bike messenger you look up a lot and i look up to all you bros. cheers

93legendti
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
bro i rode with red turbo a couple of weeks ago and it was a gas .any of my bros that come to tampa p.m. me and i'll hook you up with a ride and show you ybor city's nite life . cheers
each of you guys are special I'd have to list all of the bros on the fourm.
I have met ben serotta before and thet was cool he signed my bike and i gave him a paint pen when he was in clearwater a few years ago .. I'd like to ride with grant to see his new bike and talk about jazz ,and weisan about god . and jerk about how a bike should be ..too tall how to train..and master sachs cos he is a human legend . and doof cos he's like a smart me .. mr smith former bike mess turned builder how did he do that?.. the professor and mary ann and gill....oh not him tom burns who got my bike for me and christoph for the saddle and mr munson for nice selcof seatpost argoss who loaned me his wheels for long as i needed them serpico who is the only bro i know that thinks i know some thing ... don't tell him... then there is d.d. and t.w. ken and my smart brother fly in washington and manet cos i love art .bro when you are a bike messenger you look up a lot and i look up to all you bros. cheers

Damn, you beat me to it! Any guy that rides for work ALL the time, races and is ALWAYS cheery, must be a great guy. If I ever make it to Florida in the near future, it will be for the purpose of trying to hang on your wheel for as long as I can!

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Who's your favorite forum members that you've never met ?

roy e munson
roy e munson

stevep
03-28-2006, 08:59 PM
whos roy e munson?

Jeff N.
03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Weisan. Just a good, good man. You can pick up on that immediately. Jeff N.

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 09:03 PM
whos roy e munson?

he's my favorite forum members that i've never met.
duh atmo -

jerk
03-28-2006, 09:07 PM
whos roy e munson?

he's a brother.

jerk

Grant McLean
03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
bro .. I'd like to ride with grant to see his new bike and talk about jazz , cheers

same here bro.
I need some pointers about getting around traffic faster ;)

-g

manet
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
he's a brother.

jerk

mother munson

http://www.video-online.net/images/200435/200435_138950_3_012.jpg

Grant McLean
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
whos roy e munson?

http://www.answers.com/topic/kingpin-film

shinomaster
03-28-2006, 09:25 PM
dnovo for sure. Rides, car talk, what could be better?

Shino - he just seems like such a hoot.

BK

Next time I'm home visiting my mom we'll go for a spin!

The only members I have met are: Alembical, E-Richie, Sache White, and Terry Keely aka.....cross master and that's a great bunch..
Would like to meet the old gang of Ginger, and Flydhest, and Smiley, and CAlfee Kevo...and last but not least..SANDY!!

Also the Jerk just for the hell of it... and Climbo..Saab, William ,Too Tall, Doof, and all the hot babes that are out there :banana:

shinomaster
03-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I'd like to buy Fixed a beer too... :beer:

manet
03-28-2006, 09:29 PM

http://www.pubs-uk.com/BeerCard/BeerCard.htm

Bruce K
03-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Jeff -

I'll vouch for Weisan (see the other thread).

BK

jerk
03-28-2006, 09:34 PM

the jerk'd like to buy roy e munson two beers.

jerk

Grant McLean
03-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I still think the Jerk is really Jan Ullrich.

-g

Sandy
03-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Do any of you think that Paul Levine would want to meet me???? Beat me??? :) :D :) :D

Sandy

manet
03-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Do any of you think that Paul Levine would want to meet me???? Beat me??? :) :D :) :D

Sandy

trying to raise the bar?!

CSIRider
03-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Fixed definitely gets my vote. Hokey, awkward and IMHO intentionally (perhaps embarrassingly) too "cool" at times, but lots of usable wisdom.

CSI Rider

taz-t
03-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Speaking of meeting forum members, when's the Asheville ride going down?

- taz

Len J
03-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Sandy, smiley, fly, Too Tall, The queen, Climb, Bruce K, the bee man, Ginger (or was that Mary ann :) ) Spectrum Bob, sspeilman, BigBill, The Queen, Spoke, Pete, RaBikes2, & I'm sure I missed some. Every single one has been a joy to ride with.

I'd like to wander with Dave kirk, Tom Byrnes, Tailwinds, Rapid Tourist, Dirtdigger, Doc Austin, e richie, Dave Thompson & I'm sure many others.

Len

Sandy
03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Shino
Kevin
dbrk
ergott
BigMac (not the sandwich)
dnovo
Dave Kirk
the Jerk
Jeremy
Dave Thompson
The Drunk
Dirtdigger
CalfeeFly
Serpico
Jeff Weir
CNY rider
Ken Robb
Kevan- Oops, I already met him. How could I forget?

And many others- The list could go on and on. The names keep coming.

The above list is in no special order, nor is it even close to being complete.

Sandy

shinomaster
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
the jerk'd like to buy roy e munson two beers.

jerk

Since when is Roy E Munson so popular?? I remember when people would say mean, nasty things about our boy Roy..... Maybe next time I get home to Boston we can all buy Roy beers. :beer: :beer:

ergott
03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Shino
Kevin
dbrk
ergott
BigMac (not the sandwich)
dnovo
Dave Kirk
the Jerk
Jeremy
Dave Thompson
The Drunk
Dirtdigger
CalfeeFly
Serpico
Jeff Weir
CNY rider
Kevan- Oops, I already met him. How could I forget?

And many others- The list could go on and on

The above list is in no special order, nor is it even close to being complete.

Sandy

I'm touched.
:beer:

Sandy (at the top of the list now)
Jerk
Zank
Ritchie
I've gotta make a trip to Conn/Mass one of these days
Cees
DK
DBRK (so close, I've got to mak the trip)
Signature Cycles (I've got to see what all the hype is all about)
Roy
Boston
Fixed
Kevin
Dirt
Kevan

Honestly, everyone on this forum would be interesting to meet. This site is a real gem amongst all the cubic zirconium.

:beer: to all

ti_boi
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Maybe it is me but anyone on a Serotta is OK with me....! 'Jerk' is da man tho in my book....he referred to me a 'badass' once and that was just too cool for the ego...Rock On people ROCK THE F**** ON!

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Since when is Roy E Munson so popular?? I remember when people would say mean, nasty things about our boy Roy..... Maybe next time I get home to Boston we can all buy Roy beers. :beer: :beer:

he took the 12 step program.
oops - i mean the 24 step...

Johny
03-28-2006, 11:03 PM
My 2006 Serotta Forum All Star Team:

Starters:
1. Paul Levine: 'cause he took bullets to save my favorite Jerk's life.
2. Jerk: he and Paul would be the dream tandem.
3. e-richie: we are going to Provo, aren't we?
4. dbrk: we need him in case referees don't speak English.
5. Sandy: always keep a baby face on your team.

The sixth man:
Kevan: just because Sandy needs him to sleep tight.

Coach/GM/owner:
Ben Serotta: well, who has more money?

spiderlake
03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
In no particular order:

Doof - anyone that digs the 'mats, UT, Wilco, et al is a cool cat
Fixed - nicest person I've ever 'met' on the Internet
Cees - he hooked me up huge last summer
DBRK - his posts have me considering bigger tires and a different outlook on road cycling
scrooge - he lives in Grand Rapids - 'nuff said!
Sandy - always nice to me!
Too Tall - he got me through the winter on an awesome training program!
Pete McKeon, OldDog, Yeehawfactor and everyone else that responded to my query about riding in NC. My only regret is that my wife and I will be missing the Asheville ride by a week since we aren't arriving until the 14th.
Ginger - fellow MTBer in Michigan!

My brain just went dead. I'm out. Peace.

Darrin

Serpico
03-28-2006, 11:14 PM
also mwos, tailwinds, and bluesea

mwos and tailwinds for their positive energy, bluesea has pointed me to a lot of good films-- jidai-geki/chanbara :beer: compei bro

vaxn8r
03-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Long list for me:

For real dirt:
Tom Kellog
ERichie
NicCrump
David Kirk
Serotta James
Kirk Pacenti
PDXMech

For racing and real world knowhow:
Jerk
Spicoli
SAAB2000
DBRK
TooTall

For unsurpassed taste in bikes:
1Centaur
Argos
Russ
Frank
Zap

For unmitigated bike lust:
93Legendti
DBRK
Climb
KeithA
DaveThompson
(I guess we all could go on this list)

For reality check:
Boston Drunk
Fixed
Flydhest

Guys who make me think too much:
Dr. Doof
Manet
Tidesigns
DBRK
eRichie

Guys I know and have ridden with:
gasman
bcm113
oncefast
ERDR

That's it for now. Tapped out.

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 12:46 AM
I still think the Jerk is really Jan Ullrich.

-g

No way, the jerk is Either Steve Baur, or Phil Anderson...or their bitter old mechanic.

William
03-29-2006, 05:15 AM
My Cuz RA. :cool:

William

Tom
03-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Seriously.

As for the rest of you, for various reasons I wouldn't mind riding with you all. What would be cool is one day be riding and realize somebody I don't know on the same road is who they is.

Kevin
03-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Sandy
BBDave
Smiley
DRBK
Kevan

Kevin

Smiley
03-29-2006, 07:32 AM
When this thread is all done I am guessing IT'S ROY E. MUNSON for most popular member , maybe we should give him a Meivici from all of us :banana:

Too Tall
03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
As they say here in the NorthSouth..."ALL YAH ALL" how can I play fav.s we are like the friggin' Adam's Family. None of us makes sense without the other.
However I in the hunt for Big Bill, it's a Team Titan thing.
PS - Just wanted to report that meeting Manet IRL was worth the wait and the facial ticks, drooling and barks are not very distracting, you'll get used to it ;)

Dr. Doofus
03-29-2006, 07:58 AM
just about everyone here

oodf has met too tall, yeehaw, fstrthnu, and...uh....that's it

the only people doof wouldn't want to meet are the trolls

e-RICHIE
03-29-2006, 08:07 AM
When this thread is all done I am guessing IT'S ROY E. MUNSON for most popular member , maybe we should give him a Meivici from all of us :banana:

it'd have to be a two-seater atmo

catulle
03-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Roy's cousin?

OldDog
03-29-2006, 08:35 AM
I've met e-richie and Tom Kellogg and Jeff. Two down and many fine forumites to go. And I have many miles ahead of me to do it. But the question is, who is my favorite? I cannot answer that as yr'all good folk here in this zoo!

:beer: (stout)
:beer: (red vino)

Spectrum Bob
03-29-2006, 09:45 AM
I have had the pleasure to met many fellow forum folks - being lucky to live 10 minuets from Smiley and attending many of his now famous rides – I can’t pick any favorites to meet because every one I have met so far have been unique interesting people – I just want to continue to meet everyone here.

Kevan
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I’ve been so fortunate to meet so many of you that it’s almost hard to find those folks I haven’t yet met. Just recently, I’ve been in touch with ChamUK , whom I’ve never met (I don’t think), and lives in my area. We’re trying to get together for a ride sometime soon. Cham, if you’re listening, I promise before April’s out..

I have visited on a couple occasions the pack down there in the DC hood. I have attended the dbrk romps with the terrific turnouts there. I have been out on the left coast and joined the guys out there for a couple beautiful rides.

What I am missing is the Northwest crowd, the guys up there in the Boston area, and you few in Florida.

I don’t want to name names… because I’ll forget someone and I don’t want to leave anyone out. Course, that’s being a bit presumptuous on my part, assuming that you would ever WANT to ride with me, but I think you understand my taking.

The head cheese has asked me to come out to San Diego for a few weeks so it’s time again to get my contacts established, remove my pedals, pack up my cycling gear and join some of you guys out there for a weekend stomp. I’m lovin’ it!

Kevan
03-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Roy's cousin?

Helluva way to do a century.

zap
03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Easy.

I'd like to meet one and all.

Skrawny
03-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I have only met two of you:
Serotta James (he's cool, vaxn8r, but pretty tricky in the hills!)
ericmurphy (who doesn’t post much anymore, but I ride with almost weekly)

The list of who I'd want to meet is too long. I lurk here a lot, have learned (or learnt for e-RICHIE & all you Brits) a lot, and post infrequently.

My fantasy would be to wander in a party with all the fourmites and try to figure out who is who before stepping up to meet them... What would the doof look like? Fixed? Sandy? Kevan? Who would be in the center of a group raucously telling a joke? Who would be in the corner nursing a beer? Who would end up nursing a hangover? :beer:

-s

Serotta PETE
03-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Speaking of meeting forum members, when's the Asheville ride going down?

- taz

May 4th -6th for Asheville. For those who are going, please send me an e-mail at pmckeon@bellsouth.net. Include name, address, phone, type riding - so I can print out enough route sheets.

Thanks

spiderman
03-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Roy's cousin?
i'm surprised he's not riding that rig fixed!!

lnomalley
03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
i think i love climb. um fixed if you can get an upgrade to race 3's i'll get you on the podium at any crit in so cal... my wheel is yours. jerk.. i know who you are and i still think clinchers rock. erichie... i lick your bikes with my toungue. cees... you are the sunshine of my life... if dario were here i'd hug the screen.

Smiley
03-29-2006, 11:56 AM
i think i love climb. um fixed if you can get an upgrade to race 3's i'll get you on the podium at any crit in so cal... my wheel is yours. jerk.. i know who you are and i still think clinchers rock. erichie... i lick your bikes with my toungue. cees... you are the sunshine of my life... if dario were here i'd hug the screen.
BEST post of the thread

Fixed
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
bro i'm a 3 and that sounds like fun a trip to so. cal....... bro the same for you , you'll be a menber of b.b.c. for a day bro

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM

nobrakes
03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I do far more lurking, and have only been posting for a short while, but have to say I enjoy all who post here. When I was laid up in the hospital all of last summer, reading this forum was a real joy. I never posted then, as both hands were not at full function, but I could still read, and that really helped me regain cognitive abilities. Brain injury is healing, and mental gymnastics from reading these posts helped greatly. I do wonder about the ones who post here it seems 24-7. When do they ride? Maybe have handlebar mounted PC? Don't Know, but it's sure fun to read.

Fixed
03-29-2006, 03:48 PM
macbook with airport bro , glad you are doing better .cheers

MallyG
03-29-2006, 03:59 PM
well.I've SPOKEN to climb over the transatlantic phone. Does that count? :beer: :beer:

Climb01742
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
well.I've SPOKEN to climb over the transatlantic phone. Does that count? :beer: :beer:

mally, how's your riding coming along? are you healed? and whatever happen to the bike...did you sort out what caused the crash? all the best on a full recovery. one of the footie matches on fox sports over the weekend said that the weather in england had warmed...hope that meant a ride for you.

davids
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I love this forum, and I would gladly ride and hang out with dozens of you guys.

But this thread worries me. I think we're about to spiral into self-congratulatory purgatory...

;)

http://www.smartpunk.com/product_images/7325.gif

davids
03-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I love this forum, and I would gladly ride and hang out with dozens of you guys.

But this thread worries me. I think we're about to spiral into self-congratulatory purgatory...

;)

http://www.smartpunk.com/product_images/7325.gif
I'll ride with this guy any time!

MallyG
03-30-2006, 04:49 AM
mally, how's your riding coming along? are you healed? and whatever happen to the bike...did you sort out what caused the crash? all the best on a full recovery. one of the footie matches on fox sports over the weekend said that the weather in england had warmed...hope that meant a ride for you.

Thanks Climb - almost fully recovered, but I've been back on the bike for a while now, a little nervous but getting better. Still not sure exactly what happened, in the sense that I can't quite recall whether the bike went first, then the car hit me or vice-versa. Whatever, despite a fractured sacrum, I am now in one piece.

I've been riding both my Serotta Legend and the (rebuilt) Storck CD 1.0. It's great to ride, although I have been incredibly unlucky with punctures recently (Maxxis tyres may be fast, but they have no durability in an English winter).

The weather is suddenly starting to warm up, which is long-awaited. That also made Monday evening at Spurs a particularly pleasant experience as the mighty Tottenham gained valuable points in the race for a Champions League place (and kept us 5 points ahead of Arsenal!!)

Hope things are good in your neck of the woods and that you are also maintaining the right ride/work balance!

Onwards to summer......

Climb01742
03-30-2006, 05:01 AM
That also made Monday evening at Spurs a particularly pleasant experience as the mighty Tottenham gained valuable points in the race for a Champions League place (and kept us 5 points ahead of Arsenal!!)

very glad that you're healthy and riding again. i'm less glad about arsenal. they're a mystery this year. in europe, they can play brilliantly. but in the premiereship, they can look the dog's breakfast. henry is fabulous as ever, but beyond him, the team just seems to have lost something. where once they dominated, and played fluid confident football, now they seem to meander through games. were it not for henry...

onward to summer...and the world cup!

William
03-30-2006, 05:23 AM
I don't care for threads like this, someone always gets left off the list. But, since it's here....I would ride with any one of you anytime. Yes, even Roy and his alter ego. ;)

William

vaxn8r
03-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I don't care for threads like this, someone always gets left off the list. But, since it's here....I would ride with any one of you anytime. Yes, even Roy and his alter ego. ;)

William
Oh, yeah

Guys I want to draft behind:
William