PDA

View Full Version : Rivendell Service??

Rapid Tourist
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
So, I placed an order with Rivendell over the internet over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them, except an automatic response that said they received my order. I emailed them yesterday to check on the status and have gotten no response.

I'm a little annoyed.

Is service with them sketchy, or is this just a fluke??

dirtdigger88
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
I just placed an order with them two weeks ago-

I got the automatic reply the same day and got my order 7 days later-

Ive always had great service from the folks at Rivendell- I usually get replies to emails the same day

Jason

eddief
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
pick up the phone and check it out with them. my experience is they are a small business going in 15 directions at once. they have always been good to me, but i'd give em the benefit of the doubt rather than advertising your concern on the world wide web.

FierteTi52
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I have good luck with the orders I've placed with them. I did use the phone though.
Jeff

Ken Robb
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
I've ordered from them many times and usually received the stuff within 3 days or less. I did have one order that wasn't here after a couple of weeks so I phoned and found out that one item in the order was on back-order so they were holding the entire order. I asked them to forget that item and let the order go and I had it 2 days later.
Call them and find out the status--it will be on their computer and easy to get.

Frankwurst
03-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I have good luck with the orders I've placed with them. I did use the phone though.
Jeff
I use the phone because when it comes to bike parts I like to be talking to someone on the other end. Cameras, clothes, frisbees, I can do those with a click of the mouse. I've had good luck with'em myself. :beer:

Len J
03-28-2006, 07:09 PM
So, I placed an order with Rivendell over the internet over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them, except an automatic response that said they received my order. I emailed them yesterday to check on the status and have gotten no response.

I'm a little annoyed.

Is service with them sketchy, or is this just a fluke??

just call them......more than likely one or more of your items is backordered. They never tell you it's on backorder until you ask (seemingly).

They are great on the phone.

Len

Waiting for his cages ordered 3 weeks ago.

Rapid Tourist
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Me too Len, waiting on cages I am. They're going to be cool when they come though..... sounds like our new bikes will match.

Ken Robb
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
re cages: Leslie fell in love with te Nitto stainless cages when we visited Riv and again at DBRK's home so I got the last one Riv had in stock and found one of our web-pals with one he was willing to sell so she got a pair for Xmas. They are gorgeous and work very well too.

Ray
03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
They're pretty well known for having inventory problems and not necessarily keeping up with it on their web page. But their service has usually been extremely good. I ordered a handlebar a few weeks ago that the webalog indicated was in stock. I got a call a couple of days later saying it was out of stock and offering me a more expensive item (same basic bar, but different material and more $$) for the same price. They're good folks and will go pretty far out of their way to make you happy. But they are small and busy and not always perfectly organized, so I'd third the recommendation to call 'em.

-Ray

CNY rider
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Rapid I ordered a Nitto stem and some Speedblends 2 weeks ago, which means probably just a few days before you ordered. I got my stuff last Friday.

I think it takes an extra day or two to get things shipped out to us on the east coast, so give them the benefit of the doubt. I bet your package will be there soon. :)

Len J
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Me too Len, waiting on cages I am. They're going to be cool when they come though..... sounds like our new bikes will match.

cages, then they are probably waiting for a shipment, that is what I'm waiting for. Let me know if you hear anything.

Len

PS I have those cages on my Merckx, they are great.

Rapid Tourist
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone, and yes, I called and Len nailed it. My stuff is on backorder. Thanks a lot for responding. No biggie, just thought I would ask.'

By the way, what do you think of the Rivendell magazine that you get for being a member? I joined. Just curious.

Ken Robb
03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
the Riv Reader is very entertaining and informative. Sometimes the info is really useful, sometimes quirky, always fun for me.
After a few issues you get a hankering for a bike that can take 700x30 tires and fenders and you don't care that it weighs over 20 pounds. Next you find some woolclothes that are NOT itchy and you're on your way to Neverland. Well at least I had never been there before.

H.Frank Beshear
03-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm waiting on the cages too going on 4 weeks. I got the bulk of the order about a week after I placed it, the cages are still on a slow boat... Like our frames :D I emailed and had a response in less than 48hrs. I was only charged for what they sent and they wont charge shipping for backorder if the initial order is over 200$. BTW the jaguar/frog seatpost I got is NJS. Very cool Frank

palincss
03-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Those Nitto water bottle cages are really worth the wait, and the $ too. Utterly gorgeous, and they work splendidly. I have two each on two bikes.

sspielman
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I thought that Rivendell was a religion...maybe that is why they respond more slowly....

bluesea
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Peter White has them in stock, although his price is a little higher.