PDA

View Full Version : red meat...

bostondrunk
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
thread is why this forum is so special and entertaining. We can have a good 'ol mud flingin fest, college profs, people biting cats heads off, doof admitting to having a tranny sister, fixed admiting that people put him down all the time, and in the end, everyone still loves the jerk (and Kevan loves Sandy) somebody give me a tissue,

:beer:
i.m.h.o. bro cheers i.m.h.o.
and where the heck is dnovo?? he was the only dude to regularly show us some sweet bikes!

JohnS
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I feel left out. A thread degenerated and got locked and I didn't have anything to do with it. Am I losing my touch, or am I just touched? :D

bostondrunk
03-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I feel left out. A thread degenerated and got locked and I didn't have anything to do with it. Am I losing my touch, or am I just touched? :D

i understand your pain. I was half way through creating a masterpiece of a reply, a reply to kill all forums and insult all mankind, when it got locked. damn you james!!!

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 06:27 PM
i understand your pain. I was half way through creating a masterpiece of a reply, a reply to kill all forums and insult all mankind, when it got locked. damn you james!!!

face it -
that thread had no soul.
atmo.

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
face it -
that thread had no soul.
atmo.

wow e-RICHIE,
you really hit the nail on the head.
imho.

dirtdigger88
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
does this mean I have to send back the girls in the tiger suits -

http://www.mkarts.com/albums/bodyart/WORLD_CUP_BODY_PAINT.jpg

Jason

Serpico
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM

Dr. Doofus
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
drunk --

my sister likes you

catulle
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
My sister does too...

Dr. Doofus
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
doof eats meat for better heme iron, like fstrthnu says...actually, doof heard it from somebody before fstrthnu, but, you know....

veggie protein has a fiber cost -- some of the protein is encased in the fiber, so you crap it out...so you have to eat 20 grams to get 15, approximately....

soy products are crap. doof used to buy and sell that junk for a health food store...once you find out the chemical process behind creating isolated soy protein, putting in your body becomes much less appealing.... tofu and tempeh are ok -- low tech, whole food soy...but many people have a hard time digesting the stuff, because your body is missing a couple of enzymes to digest soy protein...traditionally, asians ate only 40-60 grams of soy protein a week...not the scads folks in the US pound down now...there is also some evidence -- albeit disputed -- that high soy consumption lowers testosterone production....

meat, meat, its good to eat. especially if you're an athlete.

Serpico
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users10/ziggurat/default/msg-114359178614-2.jpg

Dr. Doofus
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
for the record

doof tried

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
where does hummus fit in?
i eat a major league hummus/veggie sandwich as lunch 4-5 days a week.

davids
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
thread is why this forum is so special and entertaining. We can have a good 'ol mud flingin fest, college profs, people biting cats heads off, doof admitting to having a tranny sister, fixed admiting that people put him down all the time, and in the end, everyone still loves the jerk (and Kevan loves Sandy) somebody give me a tissue,

i.m.h.o. bro cheers i.m.h.o.

The worst part was where dbrk explained his jokes. That was mp atmo.

bostondrunk
03-28-2006, 07:09 PM
you guys is so dumb..........

the correct answer is that red meat contains creatine.

dbrk
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
The worst part was where dbrk explained his jokes. That was mp atmo.

mp, even for me.

dbrk

p.s. can someone please drift this thread about a thread?

e-RICHIE
03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
mp, even for me.

dbrk

i'll ask roy e munson.
it's their specialty.

Sandy
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
My sister does too...

I thought that was Flydhest just before he was to address the Senate on the Federal debt. :rolleyes: :D

Sandy

OldDog
03-29-2006, 08:42 AM
"two cannibals were eating a clown when one says to the other "does this taste funny to you?" ".

HA - got a lot of miles out of that one yesterday! Thanks Douglas.

Roy E. Munson
03-29-2006, 08:56 AM
What did the cannibal do after he had dumped his girlfriend?
Wiped his a$$.

davids
03-29-2006, 08:57 AM
mp, even for me.

dbrk

I'll be drifting over to a couple of clothing stores around lunchtime. I need some new threads for my daughter's bat mitzvah...

e-RICHIE
03-29-2006, 08:59 AM
I'll be drifting over to a couple of clothing stores around lunchtime. I need some new threads for my daughter's bat mitzvah...

mazel tov for having one in the batters' box

manet
03-29-2006, 03:27 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/easterncaster/IMG_0877.jpg

nobrakes
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Since my 50th birthday, I've given up eating any red meat or chicken, staying with mostly fish or tofu. I found out on my recent trip to Peru jungles that Peruvian diet is meat, meat, and more meat. So, instead of starving, I did what you do to survive and ate some of the meat. It was alpaca meat. Very tough, and not to flavorful. It did all sorts of things to my system not mentionable here. Ate a lot of plantains, too. And giant corn, known as hominy, here. It wasn't recommended to eat salads or fresh veggies there because the water they wash it in isn't purified enough for us gringos to tolerate local bacterias. Been back over a month, and back on my normal diet, feeling MUCH better, degestively speaking. Got to eat what works for you. Those asperagas look great.

PanTerra
03-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I gave up the Red meat thread since it was just a little boring. D'oh, didn't know it got so exciting, and I could have posted my "What a Republican is" but since I can't, here is our last cookout fare:

Ozz
03-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I gave up the Red meat thread since it was just a little boring. D'oh, didn't know it got so exciting, and I could have posted my "What a Republican is" but since I can't, here is our last cookout fare:
Looks good! Dice up those veggies, grill some fish, chicken or shrimp and throw the whole mess into a tortilla! Fix up a side of black beans and some hand-made margaritas ( Three parts Tequila, 2 parts Cointreau, and 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice) and you're golden.

Tip for the corn - peel back the husks tie with twine - don't remove from husk. Remove the silk, rub with olive oil and salt, then grill. They cook faster (about two minutes, depending on fire) and the tied-back husks make a nice handle.

I can't wait for summer! :beer:

BTW - you do remove the charred skin from the peppers...yes?

PanTerra
03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Looks good! Dice up those veggies, grill some fish, chicken or shrimp and throw the whole mess into a tortilla! Fix up a side of black beans and some hand-made margaritas ( Three parts Tequila, 2 parts Cointreau, and 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice) and you're golden.

Tip for the corn - peel back the husks tie with twine - don't remove from husk. Remove the silk, rub with olive oil and salt, then grill. They cook faster (about two minutes, depending on fire) and the tied-back husks make a nice handle.

I can't wait for summer! :beer:

BTW - you do remove the charred skin from the peppers...yes?

That'd be great, thanks for the tip on the corn, they take a good while to cook this way. like it with Grilled Salmon with a chipotle rub, a lot of protein and good carbs. The peppers are shaken in a ziplock freezer bag with olive oil and Ms Dash or a rosemary garlic blend, so it doesn't get charred that much if you keep them rotating, otherwise the charred skin comes of really easily.

Ozz
03-29-2006, 05:46 PM
the skins sometimes have a slightly bitter taste when cooked - hence the popularity of "roasted peppers". Roasting them lets you remove the skin, and the heat sweetens the peppers. If you keep them skin-side up, you won't have a problem. The sugars are in the meat of the pepper, and the heat brings out the flavors, so that is what you want to cook anyway.

If you want to roast them and remove the skins - char them till they are black and blistered...then char them some more. Throw them into a plastic bag to cool for a couple minutes, then the skins rub right off.

You can't go wrong with salmon - I eat it at least once a week.

I think I need to go clean my grills this weekend...you got me thinking now! :banana:

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
I call it hanger steak, frittes and wilted spinach.

nobrakes
03-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Looks just like alpaca meat....

shinomaster
03-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Really? Have you really eaten an alpaca? What kind of sauce did you slather it with?

nobrakes
03-30-2006, 02:19 PM
alpaca is a mainstay meat in Peru, it's on every menu and I had to eat that or starve. I'm mostly vegetarian, but not religous about it. The alpaca we ate was at a place in Pucallpa where our group was hosted, they raised and butchered their own alpacas. Like most meals we were served there, it was pan-fried in some kind of locally produced vegetable oil, was tough, and not really very tasty...but then again, I hadn't had to eat meat for 4-5 years prior, so Japanese beef would taste odd.

catulle
03-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Alpacas are nasty animals that spit.

Dr. Doofus
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Cwa