PDA

View Full Version : Paypal discount codes?

d_douglas
12-19-2014, 02:02 AM
I am considering buy a bike from an online vendor who offer payment by PayPal as an option. I usually just delete the emails I get from PayPal, then it just dawned on me that there are sometimes offers for 15% off!

Does anyone know of a discount code that could be applied to the cost over a $1250 bike7 I would love to pay $250 less than the sale price!!

Thanks for any advice!!

Darren

jlwdm
12-19-2014, 05:14 AM
Never heard of PayPal discount codes. Also $250 is 20%.

Jeff

ultraman6970
12-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Never seen one of those codes for bikes, seen for stores and crap i dont need tho.

Maybe that buys a lot from ebay gets codes for whatever item??

R3awak3n
12-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah I never heard of straight up codes like that. I know sometimes they will give you money back for using their pay it later or for opening a CC with them.

d_douglas
12-19-2014, 08:32 AM
I think you are correct - when I want widgets from Pottery Barns discount section they're available, but not so much from a small bike shop with an ebay storefront.

To confirm, yes, that's 20% - I meant to use 20% as an example. My math is actually pretty good ( or so they say in my office ;). )

leooooo
12-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Doesn't work like that. Not a percentage off an item/retailer of your choice.

It is 10-25% off certain retailers of their choosing (usually some cruddy store) and a ton of excluded items that the sale cannot be applied to.

In other words, standard spam email offer.

buldogge
12-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Paypal has offered % return/refund in the past, usually 5%…used one a couple months ago.

If you use FatWallet/etc. there is a Paypal tab with refunds ranging from 1-5%, as well.

-Mark in St. Louis

Ralph
12-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Paypal has a deal with another bank where when you sign up for a credit account, you get some off, usually $10 I think. Purchases over $100 you get 6 months to pay (or 12 months for larger purchases). If you don't pay in full before the 6 months is up, then you get charged credit card rates back to date of purchase. I use that all the time, then pay just before 6 months is up. Just takes dsclipine, it can get out of hand. 6 months or 12 months to pay, no interest unless you don't pay......not a good idea for many. But works for me. I like using some else's money for 6 months. Ebay, Ribble, anywhere really. When you check out with PayPal, instead of using your cash balance or a linked credit card, just check payPal credit. If you do this though, make sure you pay it off within the terms.

Realize this is not same as question.