PDA

View Full Version : Serotta question...

catulle
03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I´m assuming ST, as in Ottrott ST, means slopping tube; is that correct? If not, what does ST means? Please. Thank you.

Also, ehem, what would be the approximate weight of a 54 size Ottrott frame? I understand there are different options for building an Ottrott, which would they be? Other than geometry and paint, are the options available related to weight of the frame? Thank you.

Smiley
03-28-2006, 07:23 AM
the ST designates the rear stays with the floating pivot , the CS stay is non float and designated as CS. You can buy a regular Ottrott with rigid stays and it won't have the ST designation. Oh and don't forget you can now lock out the ST stay with a tool so it becomes a CS stay . Confused :)

catulle
03-28-2006, 07:44 AM
And what difference does the floating pivot make?

Mud
03-28-2006, 08:24 AM
to understand it. It really takes the harshness out of a ride. There is 3mm of travel: does not seem like much but it works.

dave thompson
03-28-2006, 09:31 AM
And what difference does the floating pivot make?
It's an evolution of the Dave Kirk invented DKS system as popularized on the Hors Categorie.

ergott
03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
It's an evolution of the Dave Kirk invented DKS system as popularized on the Hors Categorie.

I don't think any Hor Cat owners will call it an "evolution". They are a pretty "die hard" group. ;)

dave thompson
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think any Hor Cat owners will call it an "evolution". They are a pretty "die hard" group. ;)
...or perhaps a derivation....to keep the Hor Cat owners off my back! :D

SoCalSteve
03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
...or perhaps a derivation....to keep the Hor Cat owners off my back! :D

As an owner of both an Ottrott ST and a Hors Categories....

They both work well. The Hors Cat just does its thing better. Some people say that you can feel the rear end while climbing on a Hors Cat (in a bad way), I have never found this to be true.

Steve

Serotta PETE
03-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I´m assuming ST, as in Ottrott ST, means slopping tube; is that correct? If not, what does ST means? Please. Thank you.

Also, ehem, what would be the approximate weight of a 54 size Ottrott frame? I understand there are different options for building an Ottrott, which would they be? Other than geometry and paint, are the options available related to weight of the frame? Thank you.

You can get any of the bikes with a compact or sloping top tube.

ST is as SMILEY mentioned in his note above.

While I do not know what the weight of the frame is, I can tell you from friends that the built up weight with Shimano and speed play pedals is between 16.5-17.5 lbs.

As to questions you need an answer to:

-Dealer probably has most of the answers
-This Forum is good for answers. There are many folks, such as SMILEY, who have been working with Serotta for many years.
- Forum note to Andrew or James at Serotta.
- Many of the forum have ridden for many years and can offer information

Regards

PETE

catulle
03-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you, guys.