PDA

View Full Version : The nephew's busted carbon frame: the update and some uncular bragging

Tom
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
The guys fixing it are Calfee and it's the stays that are busted. Sounds like they know what they are doing, my brother sent along their e-mail evaluating the frame.

I also got this account of Sunday's ECCC crit, men's B field from the kid:

"I bridged the gap to a break on the second lap. The pack began to gain the break so I put in an effort (on the third lap) and pulled a Harvard and Dartmouth rider along. We worked for a few laps, then I put in an effort and dropped the Harvard kid (13 laps to go). On fifth lap to go we had 1:45 on the field, 30 seconds from catching the rear of it. I set up for the corner into the hill and put the peddle down, dropping the Dartmouth rider. The last three laps were as easy as it gets in a race. I moved to about 15 seconds behind the field and stayed there, content to take victory laps."

Wise ***.

Kevan
03-27-2006, 03:20 PM
And to think I've wasted 2 weeks of my life going through your nephew's family's garbage in hopes of finding that frame. Geepers, one night a racoon made a move on me and well... with all the screamin' and yelling that night, the neighbor next door opened his bedroom window, threw out a shoe, and clocked me a good one in the right ear. Thanks f'r nuthin!

Sandy
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
And to think I've wasted 2 weeks of my life going through your nephew's family's garbage in hopes of finding that frame. Geepers, one night a racoon made a move on me and well... with all the screamin' and yelling that night, the neighbor next door opened his bedroom window, threw out a shoe, and clocked me a good one in the right ear. Thanks f'r nuthin!

Don't you ever call me a racoon again. :rolleyes:

Rabid Racoon Sandy

Kevan
03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
I thought you were the skunk.

Sandy
03-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I thought you were the skunk.

Your jokes really stink. :)

Stinking Skunk Sandy

Sandy
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Please don't let vaxn8r read this thread. He already knows that I am a moron, and I have a feeling he will say "I told you so".

Moron Mirman

cpg
03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
In regard to your dog o' the day of course. Mine is 13 years old. The end is near though. Standard poodles ain't bed either.

Curt

vaxn8r
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Please don't let vaxn8r read this thread. .... and I have a feeling he will say "I told you so".

Moron Mirman
Heh, too late Sandy. But I'd never say that to you.

andy mac
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
The guys fixing it are Calfee and it's the stays that are busted. Sounds like they know what they are doing, my brother sent along their e-mail evaluating the frame.

I also got this account of Sunday's ECCC crit, men's B field from the kid:

"I bridged the gap to a break on the second lap. The pack began to gain the break so I put in an effort (on the third lap) and pulled a Harvard and Dartmouth rider along. We worked for a few laps, then I put in an effort and dropped the Harvard kid (13 laps to go). On fifth lap to go we had 1:45 on the field, 30 seconds from catching the rear of it. I set up for the corner into the hill and put the peddle down, dropping the Dartmouth rider. The last three laps were as easy as it gets in a race. I moved to about 15 seconds behind the field and stayed there, content to take victory laps."

Wise ***.

sounds like he needs a lesson from the A grade dudes...

:beer:

Tom
03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
The kid's mom has pictures of a black bear at the bird feeder.

Andy: Yeah, he should seed himself up there. He says he's out of shape with classwork, the school paper and the Outing club. (Git yer mind out of the gutter! Outing as in hiking and winter camping and that kind of thing.) So they went on a week long cycling trip for spring break and one guy thinks they climbed 28000 feet in 5 days of ridiing. Out of shape my ***.