PDA

View Full Version : almost killed at a race

ada@prorider.or
03-27-2006, 11:11 AM
my friend who is a gifted rider was particitpating a race held in pinola CA
they it was a 2 man time trail race
they where really flying

what amazed me is the did not close any road for this the cars where flying by waht in it selve is very scary
i persoaly never would enter a race what this is the case
any he did
after 3 mile thet made a mistake and a riders fell on the ground
luckely he choose a classy car to be run over with a porche he had good breaks
just in front of that the car could stop so he was not run over that could he been the end of him and he was very lucky
well as determine as he was to win the race he got up
totaly scrached up (18 stiches in him arm lot of brouses)
end said to his body come we have to win the race
and after several km they had a front flat of the riders and had to stop the riders
they would have win the race
they did 450watts after we looked after word for a 46 and 50 age guy that is huge

i think the never do a 2 mans time trail after this
extremly dangerous is USA

cees

Fixed
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
bro that is why we do so many crits . all the r.r.'s and t.t.'s are open for cars where i live . cheers :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I have always been jealous of races I see from Europe where it seems to be far easier to get roads closed for cycling events. I have a DVD of Liege-Bastogne-Liege where the route goes down the four lane highway--which was also closed for the event!

It's extremely difficult to get roads closed for any reason around here, much less for ONLY something like a bike race. The car reigns supreme in America . . . God forbid that drivers might not be able to go anywhere they want at any time! :rolleyes:

BBD

PanTerra
03-27-2006, 12:25 PM
my friend who is a gifted rider was particitpating a race held in pinola CA
they it was a 2 man time trail race
they where really flying

what amazed me is the did not close any road for this the cars where flying by waht in it selve is very scary
i persoaly never would enter a race what this is the case
any he did
after 3 mile thet made a mistake and a riders fell on the ground
luckely he choose a classy car to be run over with a porche he had good breaks
just in front of that the car could stop so he was not run over that could he been the end of him and he was very lucky
well as determine as he was to win the race he got up
totaly scrached up (18 stiches in him arm lot of brouses)
end said to his body come we have to win the race
and after several km they had a front flat of the riders and had to stop the riders
they would have win the race
they did 450watts after we looked after word for a 46 and 50 age guy that is huge

i think the never do a 2 mans time trail after this
extremly dangerous is USA

cees

Wow, that is a hard post to read. But it sounds like some of the Texas rallies that I have entered. Narrow roads and lots of traffic do not mix well with cycling.

Grant McLean
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Wow, that is a hard post to read.

Easier than in Dutch!

-g

PanTerra
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Easier than in Dutch!

-g

That's true. I wouldn't have been able to get through it, at all. :beer:

Too Tall
03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Hope your friend heals fast. Speaking of fast, 450watts...was that avg. and for how much time?

For your amusement here are pics of tandems at that event:
http://home.nannynannybooboo.com/bike/20060326_pinole_ttt/

david
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
hey, i'm glad they're okay.
but 450 watts?
is that their average for the whole tt?
i know it's not a long tt, but still.
46 and 50 years old?
i might as well give up now.

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2006, 12:55 PM
I have always been jealous of races I see from Europe where it seems to be far easier to get roads closed for cycling events. I have a DVD of Liege-Bastogne-Liege where the route goes down the four lane highway--which was also closed for the event!

It's extremely difficult to get roads closed for any reason around here, much less for ONLY something like a bike race. The car reigns supreme in America . . . God forbid that drivers might not be able to go anywhere they want at any time! :rolleyes:

BBD

PanTerra
03-27-2006, 12:59 PM

BBD

Around here, municipalities intentionally resurface roads with that awful chip&seal just to dicourage cycling traffic.

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2006, 01:41 PM

ada@prorider.or
03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
hey, i'm glad they're okay.
but 450 watts?
is that their average for the whole tt?
i know it's not a long tt, but still.
46 and 50 years old?
i might as well give up now.
as i said they have to stop due to A flat tyre

but one off them beat in a earlier time trial