PDA

View Full Version : What do?

Muffin Man
12-10-2014, 01:31 AM
So I have two CAAD10 frame in 54, and they're a little too big for me, so I'm working on selling them off and getting something smaller to replace them. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet, and I was just hoping to get some suggestions for my next course of action.

Get a smaller CAAD? Used carbon? Budget will probably end up at around 1k for the frameset.

oldpotatoe
12-10-2014, 05:26 AM
So I have two CAAD10 frame in 54, and they're a little too big for me, so I'm working on selling them off and getting something smaller to replace them. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet, and I was just hoping to get some suggestions for my next course of action.

Get a smaller CAAD? Used carbon? Budget will probably end up at around 1k for the frameset.

Have you had a thorough a anatomic fit? Do that so you know more about head tube length, seat tube angle, top tube length, etc. then, armed with that info, go shopping.

azrider
12-10-2014, 08:50 AM
just get a Caad10 that "fits"

RedRider
12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
The CAAD10 is a great frame. You might also want to look at the Colnago Strada SL.

**Disclaimer; I rode/raced Cannondales for a few years. I am a Colnago dealer.

Ken Robb
12-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Have you had a thorough a anatomic fit? Do that so you know more about head tube length, seat tube angle, top tube length, etc. then, armed with that info, go shopping.

This is the first time I have heard "anatomic fit". How is that done?

oldpotatoe
12-10-2014, 10:23 AM
This is the first time I have heard "anatomic fit". How is that done?

Get on bike, put bike on trainer, have good fit guy look at ya, take measurements, make changes, get recommendations. Bike fit.

AngryScientist
12-10-2014, 10:33 AM
how did you end up with two of the same frames that dont fit?

what are your plans for use of these frames, racing, casual rides, commuting?

Muffin Man
12-10-2014, 10:39 AM
how did you end up with two of the same frames that dont fit?

what are your plans for use of these frames, racing, casual rides, commuting?

I used the competitive cyclist fit t calculator in 2011, and I put in that my legs were 2 in longer than they were. I bought a CAAD 10 back then, and have been using that until recently. I saw a frameset at a swap meet, and bought that because it was too cheap not to. So... Yeah.

I can't get into racing because I'm not home all summer, so just recreational rides. I just go for strava pr on my rides because my schedule sucks, and I can't ride with friends often.

Muffin Man
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Get on bike, put bike on trainer, have good fit guy look at ya, take measurements, make changes, get recommendations. Bike fit.

Doesn't that usually need a bike that fits first?

shovelhd
12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Can you post a picture of your current ride?

Recreational rider, no racing, $1k budget, way too many variables and not enough data. You'll end up with either a million CAAD recommendations or a popularity contest.

Do you want to stick with a racing oriented frame or are you considering a comfort frame like the Roubaix?

RedRider
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM

You fit the bike to the rider rather than the rider to the bike.

oldpotatoe
12-10-2014, 03:28 PM

No and a good fitter will have a fit cycle to put you on.

Muffin Man
12-10-2014, 07:42 PM
I'll schedule a fit appointment before I do anything else then I guess.

Honestly, I'm probably just overreacting.