PDA

View Full Version : Come out of the closet ?

Smiley
03-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes all you LURKERS out there , join the club . I got my buddies out on Rock Creek Park that tell me they read the threads but have not taken the steps to register. I say come on down and join the club. That's you Victor buddy , you and your C-Dale and Merlin will be welcomed :)

saab2000
03-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Smiley,

Is the riding in Washington's Rock Creek Park good?

Serpico
03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Fixed had a post last week saying that some local cyclists approached him and said they recognized his bike from the forum. I thought that was pretty cool.

I think most forums are dominated by people lurking, and even registered users probably tend to lurk quite a bit. My own experience is lurking 99% of the time.

Personally, my (cycling) experience level is below the average of most posters here, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But--I have an appreciation for well-crafted objects, and very defined views about design/culture/commerce etc, and other ideas that tend to creep into many of the discussions here.

saab2000
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
This is the best forum out there, IMHO. Yo. Bro. Provo.

I lurk, and very very very occasionally post a roadbikereview.com and at cyclingforum.com.

Smiley
03-26-2006, 03:18 PM
SAAB , Nottrott 2006 will have a sunday coffee shop ride that will wind thru Rock Creek park ( parts of the road is closed to traffic on the weekends ) which makes it delightful to eye the pretty women joggers in the summer while riding :)

Sandy
03-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Fixed had a post last week saying that some local cyclists approached him and said they recognized his bike from the forum. I thought that was pretty cool.

I think most forums are dominated by people lurking, and even registered users probably tend to lurk quite a bit. My own experience is lurking 99% of the time.

Personally, my (cycling) experience level is below the average of most posters here, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But--I have an appreciation for well-crafted objects, and very defined views about design/culture/commerce etc, and other ideas that tend to creep into many of the discussions here.

"....I have an appreciation for well-crafted objects....". Kevan is a well-crafted object. Would you take him off my hands, please? :rolleyes: :)

Waiting for the good news,

Serotta Sandy

tab123
03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
OK Smiley, I am a lurker who just joined the forum.

I should get my Legend Ti next week and cannot wait to ride it. After a number of poor fitting bikes (including a way too big Merlin Agilis), I am looking forward to a better ride. Now if only the weather in Chicago will continue to cooperate.

spiderman
03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
welcome to the club...
...a legend next week...
there's got to be a story in that...
maybe a separate thread
about options,
fitting,
what's driven you to this madness...
...was it this well constructed thread from smiley?
or is there more to that story, too...
...length of lurking, etc.
that might even make an interesting poll??

Smiley
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Welcome tab , where is the other 200 or so other's , come on now we know your out there peeking in :)

BumbleBeeDave
03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
. . . perhaps if you had phrased it a BIT differently from "coming out of the closet?" . . . ;) :rolleyes: :crap:

BBD

Birddog
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
perhaps if you had phrased it a BIT differently from "coming out of the closet?" Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Birddog

e-RICHIE
03-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Birddog
gandino-issimo lives

vaxn8r
03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
OK Smiley, I am a lurker who just joined the forum.

I should get my Legend Ti next week and cannot wait to ride it. After a number of poor fitting bikes (including a way too big Merlin Agilis), I am looking forward to a better ride. Now if only the weather in Chicago will continue to cooperate.
Don't sell that Merlin just yet. If you hang around here for long enough you'll learn all about french fit.

We look forward to seeing your Legend.

SayHey
03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
... , I've been lurking here for about 15 months and I've got a problem ...!

Seriously, I've been riding for about 20 years (not as extensively as many of you for sure) and will be taking delivery of an Ottrott ST in about a month. It's been a long process for me -- being fitted multiple times, traveling 2500 miles to a very competent Serotta dealer 5 times in the last year to test ride, experimenting with position on my current road bike, and now it's just about waiting. Yep, I'm deliberate.

I also visit bikeforums, but find the Serotta forum more civil, interesting, balanced, and informative. I'll be posting pix of my new ride soon.

Cheers.

William
03-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Yes all you LURKERS out there , join the club . I got my buddies out on Rock Creek Park that tell me they read the threads but have not taken the steps to register. I say come on down and join the club. That's you Victor buddy , you and your C-Dale and Merlin will be welcomed :)

Hi, My name is William and this is my first post.....though I've lurked for little while. I'm a very small rider, so small in fact that I have to have custom frames built for me since nobody makes frames in 38 cm sizes. I've raced some of the smaller circuits out there but really, I just like to ride. I'm getting a new frame built up and wondered of you all could offer up some suggestions on outfitting it.

Campy or Shimano?
Tubulars or Clinchers?
Quill or threadless?

Oh, and what's up with that Kevan and Sandy thing???? :confused: My dog Barney Whippet want's to know.

Yip!
Yip!

William

BumbleBeeDave
03-27-2006, 07:41 AM
. . . or we will MAKE you ride a 38cm frame at the next owner's event! :eek:

BBD

Sandy
03-27-2006, 08:12 AM
. . . or we will MAKE you ride a 38cm frame at the next owner's event! :eek:

BBD

I think not. YOU will make William ride a 38 cm frame. The rest of us will be gone when Big Bill shows up. :rolleyes:

Scared Sandy