PDA

View Full Version : Colnago Sherpa T...

catulle
03-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I just got back from a ride on the C-50 and the more I ride it, the more I'm impressed with how stable it is. I'm also surprised at how well the Fulcrum wheels take the wind when coming from the side. The wind was blowing at some 12mph (or so I was told), and I could hardly feel it when taking it on the side. Same old coughing and puffing when taking the wind from the front, though. :rolleyes:

The C-50 is so stable that it set my memory back some thirty five years. Observed trials competition. La vida es bella.

saab2000
03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
You ought to see modern observed trials motorcycles and see the incredible things they do on them. It leaves me speechless when I see them 'ride' those things.

rePhil
03-26-2006, 11:55 AM
The thing I remember the most is that the shifter...or brake is on the wrong side. Great memories!

dave thompson
03-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I used to be a Montesa dealer and competed in Observed Trials on a 247 Cota. Sammy Miller was my hero. The 'new' trials bikes and the guys that ride them are simply amazing, they seem to achieve the impossible!

catulle
03-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I used to be a Montesa dealer and competed in Observed Trials on a 247 Cota. Sammy Miller was my hero. The 'new' trials bikes and the guys that ride them are simply amazing, they seem to achieve the impossible!

Tha Sherpa on the pic has the Sammy Miller Kit Campeon tank/seat kit. The Ossa Mike Andrews bike was way cool too. I took the picture of that Sherpa shortly before stripping down the lights and so and prepping it for competition. Thatīs a 250, the following year Bultaco came up with a 302 (I think it was) engine. Iīve seen some of the modern indoor trials on TV but, frankly, Iīd miss the mud and water.

I donīt want to take up too much of the space Serotta kindly offers talking about motorcycles, but I still have some pictures of a Frontera (350), and a Pursang (250) I had. In Spain, back then (early to mid seventies), there were hardly any traffic restrictions at all. We would ride on the side of the highway from Madrid to the US air force base in Torrejon, and race on the same day. The way back was the same way we went there.

And for leisure outings, you'd just point your front wheel towards the peak of any hill or mountain within sight and just go there. A backpack with wine, goat or lamb shops, bread and cheese would be for lunch once you got there.

I better stop now. :beer:

bluesea
03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I had a 250 ST for a short time when I was in the service. Husqvarna's and MX were more my speed.