PDA

View Full Version : I took a bike parts inventory

Frank
03-26-2006, 11:37 AM
and I had no idea I had so many of so much stuff!

eddief
03-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I'd recommend finding a sponsor and attending meetings at least two times a week.

Frank
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd recommend finding a sponsor and attending meetings at least two times a week.

maybe you know him? Think his full name is Edward William Bay but just goes by the nickname Ebay ;)

dave thompson
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello, my name is Frank and I'm a bike parts junkie.

rePhil
03-26-2006, 12:56 PM
But I took that big step. Sold frames that I really liked but didn't fit in with my long term plan(which was difficult as they were special). Then it was on to the parts...Italian BB's.... GONE, Quill stems and matching bars.....GONE. NOS and used Campy...it's all gone.
I will always have tires,tubes,cassettes, saddles,cleats, chains, etc.
I feel so much better, I really do. I formulated a plan and stuck to it. I am now down to 3 road bikes. I no longer search for that special frame.Not to mention a clean workshop!

Louis
03-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Frank,

What about old wheels? What about 6-speed thread-on hubs?

What about free-wheels?

I want to see the list with the real collector's items...

Frank
03-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Frank,

What about old wheels? What about 6-speed thread-on hubs?

What about free-wheels?

I want to see the list with the real collector's items...

I started out with 7 speed stuff I think. Most of what I have now works with Shimano Ultegra 9 speed, which is what I have used for the past several years when I built up bikes.

GoJavs
03-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Frank - don't feel bad. I've got you beat in at least one category: saddles. I count about a dozen extras and I'm hunting for a few more!

Yep, it's a fetish. :cool:

Ken Robb
03-26-2006, 03:24 PM
a fetish?? Do you sit on them or....er.....what?