PDA

View Full Version : bolt on downtube cable stops with a split

eddief
03-26-2006, 08:36 AM
If you want to read the rest go ahead. My real question is there such a thing as a downtube cable stop with a split in it that bolts to the usual cable stop bosses?
-----
I am considering running STI shifters on my travel Kogswell. Currently it has downtube shifters with cable splitters between the shifters and the derailleurs. This means only the brake levers and their corresponding cables are connected to the bars; no shifters and cables on the bars. This makes it easy to remove the bars from the rest of the bike with cables intact. The rear brake cable has a splitter in it and easily is removed from the welded on top tube split cable stop.

If I install STI the downtube cable braze on's will need the usual downtube stops to accept the STI cables. The minor problem is that the cable splitter ends are too big to go through the cable stops so I'd have to remove the stops to separate the the handlebars from the frame.

This is no big deal when taken into consideration with how much dissassembly happens anyway, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bolt on split cable stop for the downtube bosses.

Jeff N.
03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
If there is, I've never seen them. Jeff N.