PDA

View Full Version : Ladies saddles

malcolm
03-25-2006, 06:49 PM
My wife is searching for a more comfortable saddle. So far she has used the womens specific that was on her specialized when she got it and a terry butterfly, she also tried one of my brooks B-17's which she thought was the most comfortable of all in the arse area but still caused some discomfort in the more anterior tender bits area. Any suggestions?

Ahneida Ride
03-25-2006, 06:59 PM
My wife is searching for a more comfortable saddle. So far she has used the womens specific that was on her specialized when she got it and a terry butterfly, she also tried one of my brooks B-17's which she thought was the most comfortable of all in the arse area but still caused some discomfort in the more anterior tender bits area. Any suggestions?
Adjust the tilt of the Saddle. Mine is tilted up just a bit.
Even small variations in tilt can have a significant impact.

eddief
03-25-2006, 07:39 PM
When I was riding in Spain I rode with a woman who has done 8 double centuries. Regardless of saddle, she swore chamois cream can make all the difference in the nether worlds.

I was skeptical about it, but the truth is I don't generally ride that many miles in a single two week stretch.

After a number of hundred miles in a two week timeframe my own nethers were starting to chafe. I gave the cream a try one day for my first time and it made that day's time in the saddle way more comfortable.

Amazing stuff. Application is not so nice but the results are quite remarkable.

SoCalSteve
03-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks,

Steve

eddief
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
was what she recommended. I was surprised that once applied to the faux chamois in my Voler shorts and getting into the saddle there was no weirdness in the feeling what's so ever. Just great comfort all day.

Ahneida Ride
03-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Brooks also make a Ladies version of the B17. The B17 S

See Wallbike.com for their extensive selection.

wwtsui
03-25-2006, 08:44 PM
fwiw, my wife tried the Specialized also, but has had better luck with the Selle Italia Lady Gelflow. Good luck!

twin
03-25-2006, 09:19 PM
The Finnesse is a ladys saddle and I own 3 and my sister has one on her new CF bike and my friend also has some. It is the best saddle I have ever tryed and I have been riding for ever and have ridden many many saddles. BTW it has titanium rails if weight is a consideration. I have bought before at Wallbike however sometimes you can find them cheaper. Wallbike will take them back if you do not like it and he is super nice.

mwos
03-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I like the WTB Speed She Team. It has ti rails so less weight.

I tried the Terry Butterfly and hated it. It was fine for the first 30 miles then it really became torturous. I'm not the "cut out" kind of gal.

Now that my bike has been refitted I ride with a flat saddle, no slightly tipping saddles up or down needed.

Kathi

Rapid Tourist
03-26-2006, 07:52 AM
I ride a brooks finesse on my road bike. AEbike seems to have the best price, but wallbike will let you try for 6 months and return. I find the brooks is the best saddle I even used but I have to have good shorts on with it to maximize the comfort.

I have a fizik vitesse on my fixie which is softer than the brooks, almost as good, and much lighter.

Good luck. It took me about 5 years and probably 15 saddles (and a lot of $) to learn the above. Maybe this will save your wife some time ... :) :rolleyes:

Smiley
03-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Have her try a Koobi saddle www.koobi.com , it worked for a few of my female clients

Eric E
03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I made the mistake (?) of letting my wife try my extra koobi seat (a "silver", the same shape as the current Enduro models, I think) after she complained about her Terry butterfly. I now have no extra seat...

Eric