PDA

View Full Version : Pollen: The Form Killer

Dr. Doofus
03-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Doof has always known that when the spring pollen hits, he's dead. When the late summer mold hits, he's dead. When the daily cocktail of singulair, allegra, and flonase doesn't do a bit of good, he's dead. Duh. Dead.

So the powermeter readout from today's TT ain't telling oodf anything he didn't already know. He's toast -- after a rest week, to boot. Actually, it wasn't much of a rest week. It was a swallow snot, feel worn out, head pounding, sore all over, allergy hell week. But at least dfoo wasn't riding his bike very much.

There is some small solace in seeing how much the allergies take away -- 10% -- but so what. When you're dead, you're dead.

Next weekend's omnium will be interesting....

93legendti
03-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Doof has always known that when the spring pollen hits, he's dead. When the late summer mold hits, he's dead. When the daily cocktail of singulair, allegra, and flonase doesn't do a bit of good, he's dead. Duh. Dead.

So the powermeter ain't telling oodf anything he didn't already know. He's toast -- after a rest week, to boot. Actually, it wasn't much of a rest week. It was a swallow snot, feel worn out, head pounding, sore all over, allergy hell week. But at least dfoo wasn't riding his bike very much.

There is some small solace in seeing how much the allergies take away -- 10% -- but so what. When you're dead, you're dead.

Next weekend's omnium will be interesting....

I'll say it again: Sinus Rinse and Mucinex. Don't face Spring without them.

pale scotsman
03-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Ancient scottish secret says that cutting out all dairy products is the cure. In 3 to 4 days you'll feel like a new doof... only less mucousy.

Hysbrian
03-25-2006, 06:53 PM
= When the daily cocktail of singulair, allegra, and flonase doesn't do a bit of good, he's dead. Duh. Dead.

Hey...at least you can take 'em. Hey e-richie thanks you for reading.

yeehawfactor
03-25-2006, 06:55 PM
snow seems to be the form killer round my way

Sheldon4209
03-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I wash my nose out with warm salt water using an ear syringe first thing in the morning, before going to bed and after being out doors. It washes the pollen out. I also try to shower after riding to wash the pollen off of my face. It helps me.

catulle
03-25-2006, 08:38 PM
During the past year that I've been traveling to CT, as soon as I get there my eyes and nose start itching. First thing in my agenda is a quick trip to CVS to load up on pills and sprays and stuff. I've always thought that the fine air and the sophistication of civilization don't agree with my body. Maybe being close to Chester and not having a red bike to ride has something to do with it.

Get well and God bless.

pdxmech13
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
polio in the parliment of our time.............whoops

guess I'm out of my element.

vaxn8r
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Don't underestimate getting out of your clothes ASAP when you get home. Maybe even wash you hair. They will be loaded with pollen.

I also find I get a bit more kick from Rhinocort over Flonase.

I feel your pain.

ericspin
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Doof, I hear you man. This stuff really puts me down. I have not gotten a good ride in for several weeks and like a fool yesterday I decided to do one of my favorite rides that just exacerbated the problem. I leave my house on my IF and ride 11 miles on the road then offroad for approximately 15 miles through a pretty thickly wooded area and then 20 miles home on the road. By the time I got home my eyes were damn near swollen shut (and this was with Allegra and Rhinocort) and I had little to no air passing through my nose. No idea of my performance on this ride because I refuse to put a computer on the PlanetX. My allergy doc says the season in my area is from Valentines Day to Income Tax Day so in two more weeks all should be well. Hope things clear up for you soon, sniff.

slowgoing
03-26-2006, 10:47 AM
for some reason, my allergies seem to kick in harder during seasons when I'm working out harder. I'm not having much of an allergy problem this year....

Allegra and Flonase usually do the trick.

William
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
But in spring I find it may bother me for the first few miles, developing lots of phlem & mucus that I promptly...HHhhhhhhhsssssscccccccuuuuuuuukkkk!!! Pateewooie, hack up and spit until I get it all out. Then I'm fine.

Go figure?

William

e-RICHIE
03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
During the past year that I've been traveling to CT, as soon as I get there my eyes and nose start itching. First thing in my agenda is a quick trip to CVS to load up on pills and sprays and stuff. I've always thought that the fine air and the sophistication of civilization don't agree with my body. Maybe being close to Chester and not having a red bike to ride has something to do with it.

Get well and God bless.

do what the dalai lama suggested in a
ny times magazine piece 5-6 years ago
when asked about, er, well - guess:
if you do get the itch, scratch it.

catulle
03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
do what the dalai lama suggested in a
ny times magazine piece 5-6 years ago
when asked about, er, well - guess:
if you do get the itch, scratch it.

And I was just about to tell you what is the difference between like and love. IŽll just let you scratch that itch now. :cool:

e-RICHIE
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM
And I was just about to tell you what is the difference between like and love. IŽll just let you scratch that itch now. :cool:

truth or dare, bay-bee.
truth or dare.

William
03-26-2006, 11:09 AM
http://projectaloe.tripod.com/images/is-anat.jpg

catulle
03-26-2006, 11:11 AM
tripod, who? :banana:

William
03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
tripod, who? :banana:

Oh yea, there's more then one way to skin a cat....right Sandy. ;)

William

catulle
03-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh yea, there's more then one way to skin a cat....right Sandy. ;)

William

Jezzz, that poor cat keeps on being skinned the same old way over and over. :no:

William
03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Jezzz, that poor cat keeps on being skinned the same old way over and over. :no:

Aka: Tom & Jerry

William ;)