PDA

View Full Version : e3 prijs

jerk
03-25-2006, 09:53 AM
of course. we'll probably see the same thing tomorrow.
unibet is double focked though. they're all going down.

jerk

e-RICHIE
03-25-2006, 10:07 AM
of course. we'll probably see the same thing tomorrow.

jerk

paco sent this:

from vdb@it'smydog's.com
hey e-RICHIE
the stuff was de clercq's, not mine.
'crossers are the new dopers yo.
yer pal,
frank-issimo

ps say hi to greg, or whatever
his name is - it's been so long.

there ya' have it.

BdaGhisallo
03-25-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't know about that. Boonen is not down to ride tomorrow in the Brabantse Pijl, if that's what you mean Jerk.

I think that much like the chance to see Lance, the absolute master of the Tour, in action, we should all relish the next few years as we watch the development and maturation of Boonen who, I have little doubt, will retire as one of the five greatest Classics hunters in the history of the sport. That assumes injury doesn't hinder his progress, of course.

Van Looy, de Vlaeminck, Van Steenbergen, Merckx, Kelly, Museeuw and Moser will be the company that Boonen will keep in the annals of the sport.

sellsworth
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Here's a report on the ride up to the line (from paceline.com):

"As the two men on point came home it was Ballan literally towing Boonen all the way in from 1400m - the QS rider refusing to come off of his wheel until the final 150m when he blew around Ballan and came home for his third consecutive E3 title."

stevep
03-25-2006, 01:31 PM
you win whatever way works on the day.

e-RICHIE
03-25-2006, 01:33 PM
you win whatever way works on the day.

that's a freekin' tatoo-worthy koan atmo.

Big Dan
03-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Just win baby............... :p

saab2000
03-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Boonen is unstoppable. He will say, after he wins P-R this year, "Somebody Stop Me!!!" in the voice of Jim Carrey when he played in "The Mask".

Grant McLean
03-25-2006, 01:50 PM
jerk

just incase someone missed this:

First Edition Cycling News for March 25, 2006

Edited by Jeff Jones

Unibet suspends Omloop in wake of raids

The Unibet.com team has suspended Geert Omloop in the wake of the Belgian police drug raids on Thursday. Although the investigation by the court in Turnhout is still open, Unibet.com has suspended Omloop, and the arrival of Dave Bruylandts to the team on April 1 is now up in the air.

While several other riders named by Gazet van Antwerpen have already denied that their homes were searched, Bruylandts has admitted that one did take place. "There were a few things taken from me, but whether they are the products specified in a well known newspaper, I will not offer an opinion. I am, after all, not a doctor," he said in a statement from his lawyer, Frederic Lenders, who added, "The interrogation was mainly concerned with the contact of Bruylandts with the others named in the investigation. Dave was heard as a witness, not as a suspect."

"Geert Omloop is for me a clean rider," said Unibet's team manager Koen Terryn to Het Laatste Nieuws. "I have full confidence in him. Dave Bruylandts is only on our payroll from April 1, and so cannot yet be called a rider of Unibet.com. Christophe Roodhooft and Peter Wuyts have left our team [at the start of 2006 for Palmans-Collstrop - ed]. Of course there will be a link made to our team.

"I am waiting for further information and can't yet do much about this whole affair. It's logical that we will take sanctions if Omloop and Bruylandts are really 'mixed up' in this affair."

Roodhooft and Wuyts have denied any involvement in the investigation, as has Sven Vanthourenhout, who was one of those named by GVA. "I don't know anything. I've not spoken with anyone from the court. Where did they get that from? Of course I know the others named. Am I therefore guilty? That can't be possible? I am clean."

Jan Verstraeten also denied that he was raided. "I don't know of any house search, so there were also no products found at mine. I've already got phone calls from Hans van Kasteren, my current team manager, and Jurgen Mettepenningen, with whom I am talking about a contract for next season. My name is damaged, but I stand upright."

shinomaster
03-25-2006, 10:41 PM
It's all for the dog right?

BarryG
03-26-2006, 08:00 AM
the QS rider refusing to come off of his wheel nah, Ballan was resigned to taking 2nd place long before the finishing straight - watching it live, he never made an effort to get Boonen to take the lead

great coverage on cycling.tv