PDA

View Full Version : OT Osteoporosis

cnighbor1
11-27-2014, 03:21 PM
It has been noted that cyclists are prone to Osteoporosis due to not providing any load bearing on their skeleton when avoiding other forms of exercise .
So has my main daily exercise is riding I have a few questions
1. is getting off the saddle helping provide load bearing on my skeleton structure?
2. I deliver newspapers once a week. that means I walk about 3 to 5 miles one day a week. does that provide load bearing on my skeleton structure to prevent Osteoporosis?
3. What else is a way to provide load bearing. I have an indoor trampoline. Yes of course walking!
thanks
Charles

ceolwulf
11-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Any kind of weight lifting.

malcolm
11-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Any kind of weight lifting.

Almost everyone should do some version of resistance training even if it's body weight at least 2-3 times a week if possible.

biker72
11-28-2014, 11:30 AM
It has been noted that cyclists are prone to Osteoporosis due to not providing any load bearing on their skeleton when avoiding other forms of exercise .
So has my main daily exercise is riding I have a few questions
1. is getting off the saddle helping provide load bearing on my skeleton structure?
2. I deliver newspapers once a week. that means I walk about 3 to 5 miles one day a week. does that provide load bearing on my skeleton structure to prevent Osteoporosis?
3. What else is a way to provide load bearing. I have an indoor trampoline. Yes of course walking!
thanks
Charles

Get a bone density test run. Takes just a few minutes and is painless.
Delivering papers 3 times a week would be great.