PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Bike Household....

Lewis Moon
11-25-2014, 07:48 AM
So, I bought this old 'cross bike and...I don't ride my Felt roadie any more. Not once since I built the Kelly up. Every once in a while I'll pick the F2 up and be gobsmacked with just how light it is, but that's about it. It's now relegated to the status of "Garage Princess".
This whole switch-a-roo coincided with a lot of upheaval in my life; we moved to the city, my road racing season got cut off and slapped around by other responsibilities, I basically gave myself permission to eat like Chris Horner and...did I mention I love being able to ride anywhere?
So, my dilemma is, I'm not into maintaining a bike I don't ride. Yeah I'm well aware of just how flighty I can be when it comes to this type of thing. I'm also absolutely SURE I'll wish I had the felt in my proverbial golf bag of bikes at some point, but I really want a better 'cross bike, and going N+1 again isn't an option. The Kelly has design limitations (1" fork, requires a MTBish crank) so I've reached the point where hanging better parts on it would be lipstick on a hagfish. The frame's also BIG so it's not going to bring in much if I sell it, so I'm left with selling the F2 frame to some hopeful TriGuy and getting another 'cross frame...which means I'll have two of the same thing...also not real great, because I know from experience I only ride my favorite bike.
I'm thinking I'll relegate the Kelly to pit bike, mountain bike, commuter bike, practice bike, rain bike; basically the bike I ride when my A bike is down or I don't want to damage the princess.
So....time to start the process.

FlashUNC
11-25-2014, 07:57 AM
All sounds reasonable. There's more than one Felt F2 out there, so you can go out and get one if the itch comes back at some point down the line.

Course, I'm the guy with permutations upon permutations of a road bike. So what do I know?

brando
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Makes perfect sense to sacrifice bikes you aren't riding to upgrade to one you'll be stoked to ride. Sell both and don't look back.

shovelhd
11-25-2014, 04:16 PM
That F2 will be appreciated by someone. If you desire a Felt at a later date you can build one up from an F1 frameset.