PDA

View Full Version : Yay, I'm back to normal...

shinomaster
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Well...as normal as I can get I suppose. It was just two weeks on tuesday that I had my nasty crash. How did poor lil' shinomaster wreck himself you may ask? Well I clearly should have checked myself before I wrecked my self, or my pedal at least.
I was riding home from work on my red cannondale, in a quiet neighborhood with a nos Shamal tied to my back pack, when all of a sudden I noticed that I was hurling toward the road on my right side at a rapid speed. I just fell off my bike and crashed HARD and felt my head hit HARD. I got up and noticed that my hand was numb and really bloody where the knuckle broke my fall. WHat the hell happened I wondered???!!!! Well, my pedal unscrewed itself and fell off, and I fell down. It really surprised me that I crashed so violently, but I guess I was pushing hard. I had a speedplay pedal unscrew once because the bearings were seized (didn't fall then), but my egg beater was spinning smoothly, I guess I just didn't tighten it enough. A really nice guy that I was riding behind heard my crash and stopped and helped me get my bike back together so I could ride it home..HE said that his egg fell off once too? I was feeling a bit stunned.
I did wind up going to the ER after all. I went to work two days later and apparently my face went white as an Irish backside and got really dizzy and almost fell over...I had a really cute nurse dote on me in the ER so that was really nice. My co-workers were mortified.

Anyway two weeks later I feel a lot better. I rode today and didn't get dizzy or feel drunk, or like I was gonna barf.....all of which I felt durning my first week.

I guess the moral of the story is to make sure you bike is nice and tight and wear a helmet. And don't crash with a new wheel on your back. It's amazing what the road will do to aluminum.

Love,

Shino :banana:

Serotta PETE
03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Glad you are on the mend.....WIsh you a complete (SPEEDY) recovery by spring!!!

PETE

Serpico
03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
bro, I just totalled my car 2 hours ago

my hand feels weird, but not messed up I don't think

shinomaster
03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks Pete!! My skin is mostly better...I'm having a hard time typing though so maybe I still have a concussion.. :confused:

shinomaster
03-23-2006, 06:20 PM
bro, I just totalled my car 2 hours ago

my hand feels weird, but not messed up I don't think

Hmmm..maybe you should go to the ER? Hope you are OK!

Ozz
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm glad to hear you are OK....have you replaced your helmet yet? Good thing you had one on!

catulle
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
It is good to know you're well. God bless.

BumbleBeeDave
03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm incredibly glad you did go to the ER and that your head did not shatter like, well, like a shino pot! And that is freakoid strange that your pedal unscrewed. I thought with the reversed threads on the spindles that they would always stay tight as you pedal.

In any event, GLAD you are OK!

BBD

vaxn8r
03-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Great to hear you're OK. How about the wheel and your bike?

Grant McLean
03-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Glad you're ok. Take it easy for a while. Really.

A young lady co-worker fell down some stairs at a nightclub
about a year ago, really hit her head hard. She's only recently
back at work, and for 2 days a week at that.

Count your blessings!

-grant

Fixed
03-23-2006, 07:47 PM
bro a girl I know got hit from behind sunday and it broke her back . count your blessings bro we are not as tough as our bikes .... let us know if you need any parts one of us might have some spare parts cheers

bironi
03-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Shino,

Glad to hear your back in the saddle. Go slow for a while. Post a picture of your newly trued wheel.

Byron

Kevan
03-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Eggbeaters are for sissies.

Glad you're back together again.

spiderman
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
they must be good for about one solid thump.
when i wiped out last june and separated my shoulder
over a set of railroad tracks at 25 mph
i went down fast and was stunned in a similar way.
i kept using my same helmet.
i was checking it over a couple weeks ago
and the top just lifted up off the top/back
where i thought i had just grazed it during my fall.
i showed my wife the damage
and she drove me down to the lbs
and bought me a new one post haste!

nobrakes
03-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Been following your crash report here on forum, and very glad to read you are doing ok. You'd know it if you had a major brain injury-I'm still suffering the effects of crash from last summer. Concussions are nothing to fool around with, but don't always result in permanent damage. Major brain injuries are tougher to get over. I'm dealing with mine, and just now getting to ride out on the road. As accidents go, you are fortunate. Ride safely and count your Blessings on being back to normal in only two weeks.

slowgoing
03-24-2006, 02:19 AM
Reminds me of what a doctor once told me. "Is that normal?" I asked. "It's normal for you."

William
03-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend Shino. Now about that cute nurse, I hear through the grapevine that her name is Mary. Ask her out. And if you end up marrying her we'll nick name her Cherry. ;) :rolleyes:

William ;)

spiderman
03-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend Shino. Now about that cute nurse, I hear through the grapevine that her name is Mary. Ask her out. And if you end up marrying her we'll nick name her Cherry. ;) :rolleyes:

William ;)
jedi warrior!

shinomaster
03-26-2006, 12:29 AM
bro a girl I know got hit from behind sunday and it broke her back . count your blessings bro we are not as tough as our bikes .... let us know if you need any parts one of us might have some spare parts cheers

Thanks fixed! I am very happy to be alive. :banana:

shinomaster
03-26-2006, 12:36 AM
:beer: Been following your crash report here on forum, and very glad to read you are doing ok. You'd know it if you had a major brain injury-I'm still suffering the effects of crash from last summer. Concussions are nothing to fool around with, but don't always result in permanent damage. Major brain injuries are tougher to get over. I'm dealing with mine, and just now getting to ride out on the road. As accidents go, you are fortunate. Ride safely and count your Blessings on being back to normal in only two weeks.

Hey there fellow Oregonian,

Sorry to hear of your woes. I may not be as well as I had thought...but I am better. I've never had a concussion, so I'm new at this. I still get a bit dizzy if I lift something really heavy or stand up too fast, but I guess this is normal. My doctor told me I should be fine in the near future so I hope that is sooner that later. How did you bump your head?

P.S. thanks for the kind wishes of wellness from all.

Sandy
03-26-2006, 01:09 AM
I knew that you got hurt when your beautiful cup started to get small cracks on top and fell to the floor. Anyway, the cracks slowly disappeared and somehow the cup climbed back to the shelf that it hangs out on. I now hear its soft little talking and singing as I walk by. All is well now. Life is beautiful again.

Very glad that you are back to normal, whatever that means relative to many of us on the forum.

Humpty Dumpty