PDA

View Full Version : OT: QuiBids - Online Auction Site

Wilkinson4
11-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Has anybody fallen into this trap??? Well, a trap we set for ourselves anyway:) It is an interesting concept but it really sets the stage for competitive bidding. Much more than E-Bay.

http://www.quibids.com/en/

In a nutshell. All items listed are new. You buy bids and then you can use each bid for a penny increase on the item. When you start you buy 100 bids for $60.

So, if you are really lucky you can get something for 1 bid or 60 cents. But, the catch is with every new bid the clock adds 10 seconds to the auction.

An item that sells for $10 really sold for $16 based on all combined bids. It can really seem like you are ahead but you have to really understand your bids.

I won a $40.00 remote control helicopter last night for 1 bid and no shipping costs… At checkout they just gave it to me for free since it was only 1 bid.

But, I wasted about $30 worth of bids trying to get some sunglasses. I think if you are a really disciplined person and commit to the bidding up to 1/2 the retail costs you could come out ahead…

It's interesting watching the bids though. I'll give em that. Not sure I'll try it again, it is too dangerous.!

mIKE

Louis
11-23-2014, 08:48 PM
So you can bid on something, not win it, and still have to pay $$?

Hmmmm.

Wilkinson4
11-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Yup… Or, you could bid a few times and save a lot of money. But, it's much like gambling. The house always wins! I was bored and thought I could out smart it or other bidders. No chance. But, if you go in with the idea of saving %50 you may have a fighting chance at it.

But, it is just too dangerous. I gave it a go and learned my lesson:(

mIKE

cinema
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
it's a scam.

Wilkinson4
11-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Maybe. Just watching the bids it makes be wonder how much shill bidding is going on and I was seriously wondering if some of the auctions were fake.

I'll see when or if I get my free r/c toy… But, total spend exceeds toy value so at the end of the day its a no win.

mIKE