PDA

View Full Version : Setup SRAM X9 2X10

pcxmbfj
11-22-2014, 05:44 PM
New build with X9 10speed is fustrating me!
Run X9 9speed on several current bikes all 29er and been please with the performance for many years.
Doing a current build with X9 and going to 10speed with new shifters, cranks, chain, cables, housing and a ~2012 X9 long travel rear that clamps the cable behind shifter body.
RD was used for a short time to replace a 9 speed that got jammed into spokes until I found out the pull was different.
Bought a new 9 and this one has been in the bin waiting for the time to do 10.
Time is now but I cannot get it shifting right.
No problems with 8/9 stuff for the last decade mixing models and years.
Ten comes and non-compat.
I can't find the instructions for the V1 10s anywhere.
Only get good shifting up through four and then hesitation, shifts 6-9 and cannot get 10.
Changed housing length from cable boss to derailleur three times.
Any suggestions, go back to nine, Shimano?

oldpotatoe
11-23-2014, 05:55 AM
New build with X9 10speed is fustrating me!
Run X9 9speed on several current bikes all 29er and been please with the performance for many years.
Doing a current build with X9 and going to 10speed with new shifters, cranks, chain, cables, housing and a ~2012 X9 long travel rear that clamps the cable behind shifter body.
RD was used for a short time to replace a 9 speed that got jammed into spokes until I found out the pull was different.
Bought a new 9 and this one has been in the bin waiting for the time to do 10.
Time is now but I cannot get it shifting right.
No problems with 8/9 stuff for the last decade mixing models and years.
Ten comes and non-compat.
I can't find the instructions for the V1 10s anywhere.
Only get good shifting up through four and then hesitation, shifts 6-9 and cannot get 10.
Changed housing length from cable boss to derailleur three times.
Any suggestions, go back to nine, Shimano?

Not sure of your issue but any sram 9s rear der is not compatible with sram 10s shifters, whether it be road or MTB.