PDA

View Full Version : New walkable speedplay cleat - Buyable yet?

rippledabs
11-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Seems like it has been months since they debut it. Does anyone know if we can buy them yet? I need some new ones.

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_9227.jpg

sworcester
11-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Saw them on bikerumor I think and mentioned them to the LBS.
Haven't heard of availability though.mi think I would switch in hopes of grease marks not being left on the rugs, and better traction.

jbrainin
11-21-2014, 10:53 PM
KeepOn Kovers are available right now and work very nicely. And they're only $20.

Masher
11-22-2014, 04:54 AM
Second the keepon Kovers.. Wonderfully simple but works.

When I first got speedplays I thought about making my own... But some research found someone have done this already.

jbrainin
11-22-2014, 02:18 PM
I figure I may switch to the new Speedily cleats once I've worn out the spring on my current cleats. By then, the new ones should be in stock everywhere.

sworcester
11-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I had keep ons, but they didn't keep on. Lost one somewhere on the route

twors
11-22-2014, 07:33 PM
i had keep ons, but they didn't keep on. Lost one somewhere on the route

+1

Duende
11-22-2014, 10:50 PM

That's very different than my experience. Did a week long tour this summer where the other two riders where wearing mountain bike cleats. We crossed railroads, climbed down canyons... Not to mention tons of walking down streets and cobbles. Keep on covers kept on the entire time with no fuss at all. Saved my shoes which would have been destroyed otherwise.

biker.caliente
11-22-2014, 11:19 PM
I also lost one of mine on a ride. I called the manufacturer and he send me a replacement cover at no charge. It's been fine ever since. Mind you that he will send you just one piece for replacement and he will ask you a few questions.

R3awak3n
11-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I also lost one. I think they stay on really well if you just put them on and leave them. If you constantly take them off and put them on they start to stretch and that is when they fall out.

I decided to just not use them but I am about to give up speedplay anyways. For this and other reasons but was happy with it while I used it and was actually looking forward for these new rubberized cleats.

rippledabs
11-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I got a pair of the keep-ons, and I also lost one somewhere after the 2nd ride. I called up the owner, but he wouldn't send me a replacement.

I have been buying urethane glue from home depot and coating the bottom of the cleat, and it last for a few months before I need to reapply. But I have been getting lazy.

Any insider news on when the new cleats will be released?

jbrainin
11-24-2014, 06:40 PM
I also lost one. I think they stay on really well if you just put them on and leave them. If you constantly take them off and put them on they start to stretch and that is when they fall out.

Why would you need to remove them? I don't take them off until the spring on the cleat is worn out.