PDA

View Full Version : OT-SoCal vacation spot

Ken Robb
11-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I got a notification from Living Social Escapes offering small apartments at the La Jolla Riviera Hotel for $89 and up per night. This was recently converted from a small apartment complex so each unit has a kitchen and more room than most hotels. It is 1 block from La Jolla Shores Beach and a bunch of good restaurants. You could spend a week here without a car and there would be no problem keeping bikes in your room. There are 1 and 2 bedroom units. Runners have a smooth flat beach or a small golf course which is right across the street.
I have no connection to this other than living a mile away. I promise not to bother any one of you who may visit. :)

dancinkozmo
11-21-2014, 10:30 AM
thanks so much for the heads up ! this is exactly what ive been looking for :banana

hope youre feeling better from your spill...

Jeff N.
11-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I like "Staycations". La Jolla Cove Suites are pretty cool too, quite inexpensive. Apartment-sized suites with kitchens, plus ocean views off the patio, walking distance to the village. When the wind is right, however, you can get a whiff of seal / bird poop coming off the nearby shore rock area but I never have found it to be that bad, personally. Just sit out on your patio deck with a glass of good Pinot and watch the waves roll in while you wonder what all the poor people are doing. :)

callt5
11-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes, thank you for the heads up.

I will be in San Diego first week in December. Will definitely check them out. I wonder how easy it is to get there from the airport without a car.

Ken Robb
11-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Yes, thank you for the heads up.

I will be in San Diego first week in December. Will definitely check them out. I wonder how easy it is to get there from the airport without a car.

$30 cab ride. Do check out the Livingsocial site to get $150 rooms for $89.

Ken Robb
11-21-2014, 11:10 PM
OTOH, via Priceline Name-Your-Own Price cars are often available under $20 a day.

beeatnik
11-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Ken Robb, I like your style.