PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service: Gold Stars

bking
11-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Rapha: their great CS is already out there i believe, but i'd be a poor customer for not plugging it. a couple years ago i went down and tore a hole in my bibshorts right where the raspberry goes--weeks to get over that. crap. stashed them away, would wear them in winter with long bibs. a few months ago i remembered their offer to fix them free. away they went and back they came in a rapha musette bag no less, with a great patch. almost good as new.
Fizik: bought a pair of R3's the first year. Fit like a glove. a couple months ago a strap broke, tore in half. emailed them in Italy and Alice Ferrari responded. I told her i'd be happy to pay, whatever it took as i loved the shoe. she asked for a picture. emailed back with a UPS number and said send'm. they paid both ways (not cheap to italy) and put new straps on both shoes.
These folks keep me as a customer, and a billboard.

thwart
11-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Thanks for posting.

Good customer service will hopefully be rewarded with increased sales.

jimoots
11-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Every dealing I've had with them has been pleasant.

Once they released a coupon code for 20% off a few hours after I made a substantial purchase ($800+). I coy-ly asked if they would oblige in offering me the discount.

A week passed, no reply. Then an email came. They gave me 20% off, and also gave me another unique code for 20% off.

Above and beyond.

I might add their returns process is flawless.

MattTuck
11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Every dealing I've had with them has been pleasant.

Once they released a coupon code for 20% off a few hours after I made a substantial purchase ($800+). I coy-ly asked if they would oblige in offering me the discount.

A week passed, no reply. Then an email came. They gave me 20% off, and also gave me another unique code for 20% off.

Above and beyond.

I might add their returns process is flawless.

Curious if they have a global pricing strategy or if the prices you pay in Australia are significantly different than those of us in the U.S. Also, that gives you an idea of the margins they are dealing with :)

jimoots
11-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Curious if they have a global pricing strategy or if the prices you pay in Australia are significantly different than those of us in the U.S. Also, that gives you an idea of the margins they are dealing with :)

By the looks of things (changing the location from AU to US) pricing is pretty similar, some things are the same and some are as much as 10% more.

Given that our dollar buys US$0.90, seems fair.

It would seem they are pricing some items at parity and others at what they believe the market will pay.

That said, the margins would be pretty substantial.

Wakatel_Luum
11-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Rapha service is great...everyone trashes them but the gear feels great, stylish and subtle...

People will say you can buy similar colours, style but I don't recall other brands doing it like this first..everything else prior seemed to be plastered in pro team logos, sponsors etc...