PDA

View Full Version : UK mail order

d_douglas
03-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Hello - can anyone remind me of the really good UK mail order company that has been mentioned on the Forum previously? I know there's Parker International, but there's also another good one...

Thanks!

Sandy
03-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Total Cycling in Ireland- www.totalcycling.com. Exceptional pricing.

Sandy

DollarBill
03-22-2006, 06:33 AM
www.11speed.com Their prces are good and the service is excellent.

Too Tall
03-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Parker quit selling to the US...just as well the exchange rate is not all that.

LegendRider
03-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Total Cycling in Ireland- www.totalcycling.com. Exceptional pricing. Sandy

Agreed. I got an Dura Ace / Ultegra mixed group for a song. Great prices on the new Conti GP 4000 tires that get so many good reviews (from me too...).

chrisroph
03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
At totalcycling, about $75 for an alloy chorus crankset. Wow, this is well worth it for the chainrings only!

Idris Icabod
03-22-2006, 09:22 AM
www.probikekit.com is an English site with some pretty good pricing as well, also lightning fast shipment, I've used them before. Free shipping sale on at the moment, a friend just got some Ksyrium ES for some crazy price (around $800)

djg
03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Hello - can anyone remind me of the really good UK mail order company that has been mentioned on the Forum previously? I know there's Parker International, but there's also another good one...

Thanks!

As above, Parker stopped shipping to the US some time ago (although I haven't checked back recently). I've dealt with Total cycling a few times and have always been satisfied--some of their specials are really great. I always order over the phone, btw, as I've heard they sometimes get swamped on their e-mail.

A few years ago or so I bought a Colnago frameset (and bb and headset) from Mike Perry at Maestro-uk. Mike was very easy to deal with and he knows Nags. At the time, with more favorable exchange rates, he was just way cheaper than any shop around here (less than half of US retail on my frame, but those prices are gone).

Russell
03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
I've used totalcycling.com twice, over the internet, and received what I asked for in about a week. I am nothing but happy with them.

davids
03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Another voice for totalcycling.com. Only one caution - They don't answer your email!

Keith A
03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I've also made several purchases from TotalCycling.com and they are good guys. I even had the wrong shoes shipped to me and they resolved the problem nicely. But they are little slow on the communication.

Another good one that I've tried recently is Prendas Ciclismo (http://www.prendas.co.uk ) and was very happy with them as well.

Marcusaurelius
03-22-2006, 10:20 PM

Thanks!

I've ordered three time from total cycling and they all arrived quickly. I have yet to find any mail order that even comes close to their prices. I bought a set of chorus shifters and 10 speed dura ace crank and it was about 25% less than the other best mail order price I found.

yeehawfactor
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
rapha's been discussed a good bit