PDA

View Full Version : Deda tires & tubies..?

catulle
03-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Are you guys familiar with Deda tires and tubulars? All opinions very welcome. Thank you.

e-RICHIE
03-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Are you guys familiar with Deda tires and tubulars? All opinions very welcome. Thank you.

the Deda Movement?

Too Tall
03-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Typo Twizz? That's de da da movement or La de da movement...in France.

I did not ride them however a teammate handed me two Deda tubulars to glue onto his TT wheels...which I did over objections as in "these feel like crap". Sorry, not mincing words tonight. I know what a good tubular feels like and these should not go on a race bike. Sorry I don't have the exact model...they cost him about 60 clams apiece. For that kind of Lu you could have one of several much nicer tubulars. Hope that helps. Dang, hope I didn't offend.

catulle
03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
the Deda Movement?

Hey, it is the Dedo Movement. Get your movements straight.

catulle
03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Typo Twizz? That's de da da movement or La de da movement...in France.

I did not ride them however a teammate handed me two Deda tubulars to glue onto his TT wheels...which I did over objections as in "these feel like crap". Sorry, not mincing words tonight. I know what a good tubular feels like and these should not go on a race bike. Sorry I don't have the exact model...they cost him about 60 clams apiece. For that kind of Lu you could have one of several much nicer tubulars. Hope that helps. Dang, hope I didn't offend.

It sure helps, TT. Thank you, bro. Besides, imho Deda tubies might be hot if made of aluminum. Hmmm...

catulle
03-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Dedo m, finger; toe; finger's breadth. (Random House. Spanish - English Dictionary)

sspielman
03-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Italian name and price, third world quality.....ATMO, we already have enough of those....

saab2000
03-22-2006, 06:41 AM
I am not sure, but I thought that last year I saw some higher-end Deda tubulars which in fact looked very nice. They were very supple and looked to be as good as the Veloflex Criterium. But I never rode them and the guy I know who has them doesn't ride them either. So I can't say for sure, but there may be more than one level of Deda tubular.