PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Blackburn

rwsaunders
11-15-2014, 09:17 AM
I have a 3-4 year old Blackburn Air-Tower floor pump which works well with the exception of the gauge, which started to hang up without a few love taps on the glass. That prompted me to purchase an individual gauge through the helpful advice of this group.

Anyway, I wrote to Blackburn and asked them for any gauge maintenance information and a how I might go about purchasing a replacement gauge, as this pump sees use several times a week...thank you Veloflex tubulars. I received an email a day or two later asking for my shipping address. Oh well, I assumed that there might be some small parts making their way to my garage...nice people.

Yesterday, a rather large box was on my doorstep, which contained a replacement gauge...in the form of a new Air-Tower Shop level floor pump. Holy Mother of Merckx....talk about customer service. :banana:

If anybody needs a pump albeit with a finicky gauge, drop a note and you can have it for the cost of shipping.

kramnnim
11-15-2014, 09:23 AM
...I was actually intending to post a "WTB- Floor pump" thread, would be happy for yours if still available.

Blackburn has been helpful for me, as well...had a Flea randomly turn on for no reason at random times. Called them and they sent out a new one. It stopped holding a charge, so I called them again, and they sent another one.

Used to recommend Topeak for their outstanding service, but it seems to have gone downhill in the last few years.

bfd
11-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I have a 3-4 year old Blackburn Air-Tower floor pump which works well with the exception of the gauge, which started to hang up without a few love taps on the glass. That prompted me to purchase an individual gauge through the helpful advice of this group.

Anyway, I wrote to Blackburn and asked them for any gauge maintenance information and a how I might go about purchasing a replacement gauge, as this pump sees use several times a week...thank you Veloflex tubulars. I received an email a day or two later asking for my shipping address. Oh well, I assumed that there might be some small parts making their way to my garage...nice people.

Yesterday, a rather large box was on my doorstep, which contained a replacement gauge...in the form of a new Air-Tower Shop level floor pump. Holy Mother of Merckx....talk about customer service. :banana:

If anybody needs a pump albeit with a finicky gauge, drop a note and you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Yup, their solution to any problems is to send out a replacement. The problem is I have a couple of older Blackburn Full Frame pumps. On one of them the rubber gasket that the valve goes into is starting to wear. It sort of looks like the gray ones in this kit here:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=45794

I called Blackburn to confirm the gasket and was told that because the pump is no longer made, they are unable to confirm whether the rubber washer/gasket would work? What the...! :confused::eek:

Blackburn's solution? They offer to send me a new mini pump! Sorry, but I hate mini pumps! I just want to replace the small rubber washer/gasket that shouldn't cost more than what $0.50? Even a $1.00! Further, they wouldn't confirm whether the rubber washer in the kit above would work! Moreover, I try to give them measurements of my existing gasket to see if it matches the one in the kit and they wouldn't respond. Errrr:mad::no::butt:

So their solution in my case is a no-go as I have two excellent full frame pumps that in time will no longer work and become junk because they refuse to supply parts and/or give me info on where to get it. I'm planning on going to a hardware store to see if I can find something that matches....

rwsaunders
11-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Send me an email with your address and I'll get it out next week. I posted it locally on CL for a $10 donation to www.bikepittsburgh.org so if you want to do that in lieu of postage, that works for me.