PDA

View Full Version : Recent demo bikes - lucky me

theprep
11-14-2014, 08:14 PM
My buddy let me use his Pegoretti Marcelo for a few weeks. Boy, they are special bikes and it made me really miss my Love #3 that I sold a while back.

The 2nd bike (Parlee ESX) was lent to me by my LBS for a week. 1st time I rode 7 days in a row in a while. Fully modern aero frame and wheelset, and yet it was smooth, stable and handled right.

2 very different but both are great bikes.

It went away for a few years, but I am starting to love cycling again.

Joe

callt5
11-14-2014, 10:56 PM
The Parlee is very Darth Vaderish looking.

soulspinner
11-15-2014, 05:07 AM
I see you have been here from the beginning, 2003. The key is bikes that make you want to ride more.

Good for you...............

weisan
11-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Prep-pal, long time no see, good to have you back, a break is nice, and sometimes necessary, so we can come back with greater passion and a new perspective. Have fun!

theprep
11-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Prep-pal, long time no see, good to have you back, a break is nice, and sometimes necessary, so we can come back with greater passion and a new perspective. Have fun!

Thank you. I am having fun. No more staring at power meters for me.

theprep
11-15-2014, 08:27 AM
The Parlee is very Darth Vaderish looking.

When I returned the Parlee, I said no thanks even though the bike rode and handled great; I couldn't live with the rear brake location (weak), the funky cable routing (drag) or the proprietary seat post shaft.

About a week after returning this bike, Parlee released the Altum model which addressed those 3 items. I pulled the trigger on the Altum R.

tbar23
07-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Very cool looking ESX.