PDA

View Full Version : Flu shot no help to me this year…

Louis
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I guess they didn’t include this particular strain in the cocktail I got in my shot, but for the last few days I’ve been battling a doozy. I know that as far as sickness goes, this ain’t the worst thing that can happen to someone, but that sure doesn’t help me feel a whole lot better. At least the weather has been pretty horrible, so I don’t feel like I’ve been missing a whole lot bike-wise.

So here’s my question: Anybody else out there get a flu shot this year and still get hit? I’m wondering if it’s just me or if something weird is going around elsewhere also.

Louis

Kevan
03-20-2006, 09:57 PM
sounds to me like...

you've fallen in love.

With Sandy.

Samster
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess they didn’t include this particular strain in the cocktail I got in my shot, but for the last few days I’ve been battling a doozy. I know that as far as sickness goes, this ain’t the worst thing that can happen to someone, but that sure doesn’t help me feel a whole lot better. At least the weather has been pretty horrible, so I don’t feel like I’ve been missing a whole lot bike-wise.

So here’s my question: Anybody else out there get a flu shot this year and still get hit? I’m wondering if it’s just me or if something weird is going around elsewhere also.

Louis

i read somewhere that vaccines give you lower likelihood of contracting the target illness and a potentially lower level of severity in onset if you do contract, but never a guarantee of protection. i'm sure the MDs on this site can explain far better than me, but i've had similar experiences.

hope your feeling better tho'