PDA

View Full Version : OT: cancer pisses me off

Cicli
11-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Losing a relative and, my buddy is losing his wife and mom of two all right now.

That is all.

regularguy412
11-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. Luckily, my mom survived her colon cancer. Had 12 inches resected in 1991. Still clear today. Knowing the warning signs and early detection is the key.

Mike in AR:beer:

makoti
11-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear. Sadly, the best I can do is to hope all of you find the strength to get through this. Cancer is nasty, nasty, nasty.

beeatnik
11-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Regularguy412, when someone mentions that a friend or loved one is dying from cancer, it's generally not good form to immediately bring up the good fortune of your cancer survivor. My mother beat cancer 3x in 20 years but she didn't beat the vicious aftereffects. My brother is a 12 year cancer survivor. One is never out of the woods. Chemo and radiation create life long health issues.

Tihsepa, sorry to hear about your family member and friend. Prayers are with them.

ntb1001
11-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Terrible thing. ..I lost my bother to cancer this year...it was and still is very hard to deal with...stay strong.

Dave Ferris
11-10-2014, 05:45 PM
So sorry to hear about your relative and close friend's wife. i HATE cancer.:mad:

Cicli
11-10-2014, 05:51 PM
I think the worst part was the other day with my friend. He was told that it was time to tell the kids about their mom. His twins are 10.

I cant imagine.

My grandmother is 89. She has days left.

Two at once. It pisses me off.

To all that survived. Thats awesome. I am happy for your familys.

Raffy
11-10-2014, 06:06 PM
My condolences, stay strong. I don't really know what else to say :(

biker72
11-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Losing a relative and, my buddy is losing his wife and mom of two all right now.

That is all.

I think my little battle with cancer was harder on my family than me.

jr59
11-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Prayers and well wishes to ALL going thru this or effected by it.

God bless everyone of you!

weaponsgrade
11-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Really sorry to hear. I've unfortunately gone through some similar experiences with other friends and family.

stephenmarklay
11-10-2014, 06:51 PM

That is all.

Yep it pisses me off too. I am tired of friends and family battling cancer. At some point we have to collectively do something about this.

I do everything I can. Eat organic foods, lots of veggies, exercise, sleep at least 7 hours yet I feel like its only time for me as well.

To make things worse the treatments are, at times, as devastating as the disease.
My father is on his second battle and it was likely caused by the treatments he went through the first time.

Yep I am pissed too.

thwart
11-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Very sorry to hear about it. That's terrible… 10 yr olds should never have to go through that.

Seems a lot of folks think of cancer as somewhat like a lottery kind of thing… we hope that ourselves and everyone we know beats the odds. Kind of a passive, 'hope it doesn't happen to me' sort of perspective.

It's important to remember that cancer can be caused by genetics and many other factors… but environmental triggers are frequently thought to play a role as well.

So, be proactive.

First of all, if you or someone you love uses tobacco, stop.

Be more careful about your sun exposure. Especially important for your kids.

And being an advocate for clean air and water, and limiting toxic exposures in our food, cosmetics and such is really important stuff.

giverdada
11-10-2014, 07:33 PM
my father-in-law's funeral was two weeks ago. he had colon cancer that spread, and he got through two years since the diagnosis, then was gone. cancer is the worst. and it takes away everyone i love if heart disease doesn't get them first. so i grow a moustache and ride my bike in fundraisers and run my ass off and eat well and so what. the biggest strength to draw for horrible horrible tragedy like this, like those twins, like families dissolved by disease, is the importance of time over all else. we'll not get it back. we get it once, and then it's gone. live your best.

joep2517
11-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Tihsepa, I'm so sorry. Cancer sucks anyway you look at it. My thoughts and prayers with you and your friends family. I've seen what cancer can do. I lost my dad and niece to this evil disease and I'm in remission. If you ever want to talk - shoot me a PM.

Joe

SlackMan
11-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Been there, done that, and there is no possible way to take the shock and emotional pain out of it. Lots of prayer, lots of love and comfort from supportive friends and family, and lots of faith that there is a bigger picture I don't see but where it might make sense is the only way I got through it.

buldogge
11-10-2014, 10:12 PM
My thoughts go out to you…

Lost my mom @ 39 to breast cancer (I was 19…little brother was only 4), of course there are no words that can heal or change the pain…all we can do is send our condolences and best wishes.

-Mark in St. Louis

soulspinner
11-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Hang in there. Its a disease that has taken very special people around me and when a 12 year old dies that was sick for 6 years, it rips your heart out, makes you question your faith and wonder why more progress cant be made with all the money we throw at it.

rab
11-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Truly sorry to hear this.

Like many others I too have lost many relatives and friends to cancer. In fact when I started to think about all of them I was surprised at how many...and its not like I am that old.
It has pissed me off, made me sad, made me think a lot.
Hoping for the best, whatever that might be, for you, your buddy and your families.

oldpotatoe
11-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Truly sorry to hear this.

Like many others I too have lost many relatives and friends to cancer. In fact when I started to think about all of them I was surprised at how many...and its not like I am that old.
It has pissed me off, made me sad, made me think a lot.
Hoping for the best, whatever that might be, for you, your buddy and your families.

I read that everybody on earth knows or is related to somebody who has had or has cancer. Very, very hard on both the person who's sick and those around them. Wishing the OP success in their and your fight against this awful disease.

Ahneida Ride
11-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Lost my Beloved Uncle last year ......

redir
11-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I agree it sucks very badly. My mother is a two time breast cancer survivor. So far so good ten years later. I'd also add Alzheimer's to the list of things that suck.

Cicli
11-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, my grandmother lost her battle.

Cancer sucks.

o2dazone
11-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Genuine condolences for your and your friends losses. My father was recently diagnosed with cancer in the liver (though the source is elsewhere). I know this will sound like completely meaningless ···· at this time, but death reminds you of how important, and how amazing your life has been with them in it. Always cherish that thought.

binxnyrwarrsoul
11-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Well, my grandmother lost her battle.

Cancer sucks.

There's a unique, very special relationship and bond with Grandmothers. Condolences.

Miller76
11-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Cancer sucks!!! My father was diagnosed with cancer when I was 15 and fought as hard as possible for three years but passed away when I was 18... I wouldn't even wish that amount of suffering on my worst enemy... These socks always help me get a little extra motivation....

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/15/41ac9ceca3197e3dbd324b20f9498a1c.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/15/95ed995623bb1342a49f89cdc9c17810.jpg

moots7
11-15-2014, 06:43 PM
My wife and I are in Colorado Springs for her father 78....just met with hospice last night, he has pancreatic cancer with renal failure we pray he goes peacefully without much pain. God bless all who are going through such a thing.

cash05458
11-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I just had a ex girlfriend...someone I cared about very much but it did not work out with us...die here in town...she was 44...3 months ago found out she had very bad brain cancer and nothing to do...it was absolutely terrible what it did to her...she was dead within 12 weeks of knowing...just died last wed...horrible...