PDA

View Full Version : Velo Classique (Va) in PezCycling

makoti
11-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I rode out here to get lube (and because I'm too damn cheap to pay shipping). Loved the place. Told a friend. He went out, loved it more. Thought everyone should know. Wrote an article about it. Pretty cool, if'n you ask me. Congrats to Wayne for the write up! Still waiting on my finders fee, though. ;)
I am told that this will be the first in a new series that spotlights unique LBS's around the world.
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/features/nyabsveloclassique/#.VFzgGPnF_Gs

velomonkey
11-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I presume he purchased Mel Pinto imports. Mel was the man back in the day - his shop in G'town, the bicycle pro shop, was THE shop. Still there, though he doesn't run it - and it's the only proper bike shop in all of DC. The sterile environment of Fresh Bikes et al just does nothing for me.

NCVC was a proper club, the guy was the first to import Dura Ace. Good stuff indeed. Seems this guy is trying to keep the tradition alive. Good for him.

bobswire
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
That was a neat shop, reminded me of Bike Nook (closed this past January) years ago when he stocked Della Santa's, Mondonico's, Masi (of old) Torellis just to name a few.