PDA

View Full Version : Praise for Brandon at BHS

Lewis Moon
11-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Just placed an order with Brandon at BHS. It was pretty crazy because I was replacing wheels from two different sets plus building an entire new set. He immediately e-mailed me and asked me to make sure the order was correct. It was (as much as I could see from my spreadsheet), but it was nice to know someone cared enough to ask rather than just shipping and taking my money. It's a small thing, but the small things count.

cmbicycles
11-07-2014, 09:26 AM
+1 I got some spokes/rims from him a little while ago... he double checked my calculations and measured the erd on the actual rims he pulled for me. Great service in my experience.

jmoore
11-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Great to hear. I need to order some spokes and this made the decision to order from Brandon for me.

jds108
11-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Brandon has always done right by me. I think I've bought the parts for 3 wheelsets from him now. Only problem I've had is one hub had some free play in it. Turns out that the play was within one of the cartridge bearings, I have never seen that before or since. He covered the cost to replace all four cartridges in that hub.

jmoore
11-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I sent Brandon an email about 20 minutes ago and he's already replied with the info about my build. He verified the spoke lengths and confirmed my parts choice. And he gave me a 10% coupon for the order. Took about 10 minutes total from first email to order confirmation.

A+ to Brandon.

Davist
11-07-2014, 10:21 AM
+1 Great experience with Brandon and BHS

Built wheels this spring with his help checking spoke lengths, came out great..

Uncle Jam's Army
11-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I bought some rims from him, but forgot to use the free shipping code so I wound up inadvertently paying the shipping in my final order. Contacted Branddon, explained the situation, and he promptly refunded the shipping charges to me, no questions asked. Now that is service!

Antonio_B
11-07-2014, 11:29 AM
I've built about 3 sets of wheels from BHS, all using Laser and Race spokes. I used the calculator he provided and had excellent results.

Recently I had to replace a rear wheel from one of the aforementioned wheelsets, so I decided to order everything from Brandon again and upgrade on the spokes to CX-Ray. Again, I used the calculator he provided and submitted my order. When everything arrived and was laced up, it turned out the NDS spokes were slightly longer than advertised, which threw off the build. I emailed brandon, and he refused to let me refund the spokes, even when I provided picture evidence that the spokes were too long. He did offer to trim and re-thread the spokes if I shipped them back, but I wasn't a big fan of that option. In the end, he comped me on some nipple washers that increased the ERD...so the long spokes barely worked. Am I confident that the build will hold? I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a premature wheel failure in my future.

Where am I going with this? 75% of my transactions with Brandon I would rate as A+. This last transaction completely soured me on BHS and I will NOT be a returning customer. His advertised measurement wasn't accurate for that particular spoke and/or the advertised spoke calculator on his site was spitting out some bogus numbers. If he cannot guarantee spoke lengths based on the calculator that he links to, he probably shouldn't be linking to a spoke calculator at all. And/or he should be double-checking his spoke lengths before shipping stuff out the door (especially on a 'premium' product like cx-ray spokes).

Maybe I'm being unfair, or I'm just a jerk. But I feel entitled to express my opinion.

donevwil
11-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I hope this isn't too much of a tangent, but anyone have experience with the BHS house brand rims ? I'm specifically intersected in the new BHS C31W (http://www.bikehubstore.com/C31-p/c31.htm).

I know many of the older BHS rims are relabeled Kinlins, but I haven't seen the C31W, or C22W cross sections before.

phcollard
11-07-2014, 12:56 PM
I love BHS as well and I agree Brandon is a first class seller. That's how any small business should be IMHO.

bikser
11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Probably some of the best overall service I've received not just bike related from Brandon.

Shoeman
11-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Probably some of the best overall service I've received not just bike related from Brandon.

You Got That Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!