PDA

View Full Version : Seat height w/different pedals?

TBLS
11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Riding my cross bike more on the road and have set my seat height the same as my road bike from bb center to seat top.

I use look pedals on my road bike and mtb shoes/eggbeaters on my cross. If my goal is to match position, Any idea on if seat height should be adjusted for the different shoes/pedals and a resource/technique to measure how much?

Thanks!

djg21
11-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Riding my cross bike more on the road and have set my seat height the same as my road bike from bb center to seat top.

I use look pedals on my road bike and mtb shoes/eggbeaters on my cross. If my goal is to match position, Any idea on if seat height should be adjusted for the different shoes/pedals and a resource/technique to measure how much?

Thanks!

Assuming pedal cleat stack height and sole thickness is different, and crank length is the same, you may have to change seat height. I'd presume that you would have to slightly raise your saddle, perhaps by a few mm, to accommodate the thicker mtb shoe sole. Once you set it up ballpark, maybe go for a ride and see how it feels?

Grant McLean
11-06-2014, 05:10 PM

Thanks!

here you go.

-g

TBLS
11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Perfect-thanks!

carpediemracing
11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Now you need a sole thickness chart, bottom of sole to top of sole.

Some big caliper type things can allow you to measure such things. We had one at the shop back in the day, now I'd try and figure some other way of doing it.