PDA

View Full Version : wheel built no cross

kvnmuadib
11-03-2014, 11:27 PM
hey all you wheelbuilders ,just picked up a first gen c-record wheelset....the front wheel is laced no cross the sp0oke layout is just staggered one hole fom the opposite side..the rear wheel is laced conventionally ...campagnolo silver ypsilon rims seems to be perfectly true ...any disadvantages? I think they're 32 h rims....thnx....kevin

Black Dog
11-04-2014, 05:51 AM
hey all you wheelbuilders ,just picked up a first gen c-record wheelset....the front wheel is laced no cross the sp0oke layout is just staggered one hole fom the opposite side..the rear wheel is laced conventionally ...campagnolo silver ypsilon rims seems to be perfectly true ...any disadvantages? I think they're 32 h rims....thnx....kevin

No problem. Radial lacing on the front is fine as long as the spokes are not over tensioned.

oldpotatoe
11-04-2014, 06:19 AM

I'd have the tension checked to make sure it's not too high. That gen hubs didn't like radial lacing much. High flange more so than low flange but still.

bikinchris
11-04-2014, 07:25 AM
C-Record hubs were cold forged and could take radial lacing easily, as long as the tension is correct.