PDA

View Full Version : Mondonico decals?

texbike
10-31-2014, 07:06 AM
I picked up a Mondonico Diamond earlier this week and am thinking about having it refinished. Does anyone on the board know where to find Mondonico decals? I've searched all of the usual suspects (ebay, Velocals, etc) but haven't had any luck yet. An email to Torelli is my next stop.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Texbike

toddanderson319
11-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Give Bike Nook in San Francisco a call. They sell/sold Mondonicos and have sent them out for painting and restoration, including decal replacement. They've mentioned a painter in So. CA they've used and who does their Mondonicos; not sure if it's Cyclart or not. Also, it looks like Smart Cycles in CT has a lot of info. Would be great to find out what you learn - I've got a Mondonico I'm looking to have repainted (with decal replacement) soon as well! Enjoy!

rePhil
11-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I thought the Bike Nook closed?

Give Bike Nook in San Francisco a call. They sell/sold Mondonicos and have sent them out for painting and restoration, including decal replacement. They've mentioned a painter in So. CA they've used and who does their Mondonicos; not sure if it's Cyclart or not. Also, it looks like Smart Cycles in CT has a lot of info. Would be great to find out what you learn - I've got a Mondonico I'm looking to have repainted (with decal replacement) soon as well! Enjoy!

jmoore
11-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I just got a Mondonico Diamond too! No decals needed.

texbike
11-12-2014, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd put this on the back-burner but need to do some more research and track some decals down. I sent an email to Torelli and will reach out to Smart Cycles as well.

I just got a Mondonico Diamond too! No decals needed.

Really??? Any pics? The decals on mine are actually in decent shape but the paint and especially the chrome on the chainstays could use some help. If I have it refinished, it'll need new decals. Maybe it would be best to just clean up and preserve what's there versus a total refinish.

Texbike

oldpotatoe
11-12-2014, 07:21 AM

Len closed Bike Nook..too bad, neat little place. Call Torelli, it's what they do.

jmoore
11-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Really??? Any pics? The decals on mine are actually in decent shape but the paint and especially the chrome on the chainstays could use some help. If I have it refinished, it'll need new decals. Maybe it would be best to just clean up and preserve what's there versus a total refinish.

Texbike

crappy pic

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1697888210&stc=1&d=1413238064

Titanium
05-20-2015, 08:47 PM
I tried to get Mondonico info fom Smart Cycles and they were kinda snarky.

pbarry
05-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Congrats on the acquisition! Way underrated builder, imo.

JAGI410
05-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Call Velocals, sometimes he has decals not listed on his site.

texbike
05-20-2015, 09:37 PM
I tried to get Mondonico info fom Smart Cycles and they were kinda snarky.

What information do you need?

Nags&Ducs
05-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Hey texbike, if you're going to repainted the frame, consider Alan Wanta. He paints his decals and does an amazing job of it.

Congrats on the Mondonico! I have one and it's one of my favorite riding bikes, if not the favorite.

texbike
05-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Hey texbike, if you're going to repainted the frame, consider Alan Wanta. He paints his decals and does an amazing job of it.

Congrats on the Mondonico! I have one and it's one of my favorite riding bikes, if not the favorite.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I sold it back in March to another forum member that was looking for a classic steel frameset. I didn't really need another bike and it was just hanging in the garage. Selling it was probably a mistake. Oh well.

Texbike

Nags&Ducs
05-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately, I sold it back in March to another forum member that was looking for a classic steel frameset. I didn't really need another bike and it was just hanging in the garage. Selling it was probably a mistake. Oh well.

Texbike

Doha, another threadredge got me!!! Too bad you sold it before you had a chance to ride it. Mondonicos are truly sweet!