PDA

View Full Version : Kish Mtn maiden voyage

malcolm
10-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Drove to North Carolina to pick up my new Kish last week and just got it out today for it's first 20mi of mostly single track.

It's awesome flickable, stable and tracks like it's on rails. It does every thing my Turner did only better. I think I'm liking the lefty as well. It seems soft at first but never found bottom at least not hard and it holds a line like nobody's business.

Thanks to Jim for a great riding and handling frame and thanks to Eric (Ergott Wheels) for the awesome hoops, enve 60/40 with I9 hubs and thanks to our own Jack Brunk for hooking me up with the lefty.

Crappy sideways cell pics. If you can straighten feel free

vqdriver
10-28-2014, 05:58 PM
nice bike. congrats

malcolm
10-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks
You must be magic

Dave Ferris
10-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Very nice ! Congrats and enjoy. Huge fan of Jim's bikes. I wish he still resided in Ca.

I've been riding my Potts 29er (100mm sus.) since Sept. Have just under 300 miles on it. I love the bike with no reservations except one - I wish I'd gone the 650B route. However the 29 wheels are fantastic on the road ! So basically I need two bikes...:)

Went with the Stans Arch EX wheels, simply couldn't swing the Enves. Was at $8600 with XT as it was.

gregblow
10-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Great bike. I saw your bike doppelgänger yesterday in the park parking lot before I went out on my run! Or maybe it was you! If it was, what a small world. I was up from Florida in Birmingham for work.

malcolm
10-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Great bike. I saw your bike doppelgänger yesterday in the park parking lot before I went out on my run! Or maybe it was you! If it was, what a small world. I was up from Florida in Birmingham for work.

Small world. That would have been me. Oak Mtn has some great running trails. Let me know next time you are up this way and we can hoist a pint at hop city.

crownjewelwl
10-29-2014, 03:20 PM
That looks fun...what headtube angle? And chainstay lenghth?