PDA

View Full Version : Any Ritchey Neo Classic handlebar users?

phoenix
10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Does anyone happen to run Campy Record 10 speed levers on this bar? I typically enjoy a more classic bend bar. I’ve been running the Deda Deep drop but am looking to switch things up a bit. I like the nice flat transition to the hoods and the nice roomy drop portion of the bar. I have a new set of Zipp SC SL-70 Ergo bars that i’m not sure I like. I know this bar is short and shallow but wanted to give them a try. I’m not sure I like the aesthetic of the bar/shifter together. I feel like Zipp bars are probably ideal for SRAM/Shimano shifters.

If anyone has the Neo Classic bar with Record shifters and has a few pics available I would very much like to see how the combo looks. Thanks!

sjbraun
10-27-2014, 06:54 AM
I've got Zipp's SL-88 mated to Campy shifters. They're a perfect combination for me. The drop is not as deep as the Ritchey Classics and Dedas on my other bikes. They have a very nice, long flat section to the hoods and a drop that works for my relatively unflexible back. Plus, they have a traditional bend, which works well with my Hampsten.

Joachim
10-27-2014, 07:57 AM
I've got Zipp's SL-88 mated to Campy shifters. They're a perfect combination for me. The drop is not as deep as the Ritchey Classics and Dedas on my other bikes. They have a very nice, long flat section to the hoods and a drop that works for my relatively unflexible back. Plus, they have a traditional bend, which works well with my Hampsten.

The Ritchey classic and neo classic have different shapes. I think the sl-88 is deeper than the neo classics.

Joachim
10-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Does anyone happen to run Campy Record 10 speed levers on this bar? I typically enjoy a more classic bend bar. I’ve been running the Deda Deep drop but am looking to switch things up a bit. I like the nice flat transition to the hoods and the nice roomy drop portion of the bar. I have a new set of Zipp SC SL-70 Ergo bars that i’m not sure I like. I know this bar is short and shallow but wanted to give them a try. I’m not sure I like the aesthetic of the bar/shifter together. I feel like Zipp bars are probably ideal for SRAM/Shimano shifters.

If anyone has the Neo Classic bar with Record shifters and has a few pics available I would very much like to see how the combo looks. Thanks!

Correct, the zipp sl-70 plays really well with shimano shifters. I have that combination on one of my bikes. I also have a set of Neoclassics to go with 11 spd Campy but have not installed it yet.

nooneline
10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
The Ritchey classic and neo classic have different shapes. I think the sl-88 is deeper than the neo classics.

and there's also the wcs classic.

the Classic is a compact bend drop.
the WCS Classic is a traditional bend drop.
and the neo-classic is a round bend with modern ramps/shifter optimization (like the pro vibe 7s round, from what i gather)

phoenix
10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Sounds like the Neo Classic would be perfect since the reach isn’t too long and still has a decent drop. I don’t have a problem with the drop on my Dedas, but the reach is a tad long and don’t want to change out stems. Probably going to pull the trigger on the Neo Classic and hope for the best. From what I’ve read/heard as well as the overall dimensions of the bar I think they will work nicely.

Joachim
10-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Sounds like the Neo Classic would be perfect since the reach isn’t too long and still has a decent drop. I don’t have a problem with the drop on my Dedas, but the reach is a tad long and don’t want to change out stems. Probably going to pull the trigger on the Neo Classic and hope for the best. From what I’ve read/heard as well as the overall dimensions of the bar I think they will work nicely.

I have a new Neoclassic I am not going to use. PM me if you are interested.