PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle customer service...

cash05458
10-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I ordered a few items from Wiggle about three weeks ago...I have ordered before and it went fine...here it did not and I am not usually a guy who comes out to gripe over these things.

Stuff happens, but as a guy who works for the postal service, I think the important thing is how a company responds to stuff happening...things happen, you deal with it as best you can and be honest with customers...ect.

Anyhow, the short of it...ordered items...paid a hundred bucks plus...wiggle, somehow, got my addy wrong...same town ect...small town...but my wiggle account and my paypal account (which is how I paid) all have my correct addy...wiggle sent it to some place that does not exist in my town (I know all the roads as mailman) and thru DHL...they even had a signature for the delivery from someone I have no idea who that might be at a non existing town addy...

So I communicate all of this to wiggle...and it goes ON and ON...now for two weeks...they say they are investigating...they respond to my emails exactly ONCE a day...then ignore...they say they need to talk to their DHL team...they say alot...I merely state to them the facts: "you sent a package I paid for and did not recieve and I see on your email that you sent to the wrong addy...please, just return my money......I did not get it...and merely want my money back..."

at one point, and this is after I told them I am the local mailman, and the addy DHL supposedly left said package at does not actually exist...they said they had had a "team" discussion and needed me to "drive around and look for the package"...this a week after it had gone missing...and I had already informed them that the addy in question does not exist in our town.

Is this some sorta joke I started thinking...

Never in my life of buying bike stuff have I ever had such service...and I think that WE, as buyers, as LARGE spenders, should send them a message financially that we won't deal with this sorta crap...anyhow...that is my two cents...

Oh, and by the way, they are still withholding sending my money back...something about the big investigation...sherlock holmes must being dug up at this point...

johnmdesigner
10-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Well the least they could do is offer you an apology and send you one of those jerseys with the stars on it.:)

While there is no excuse for the company to treat you like that I think the biggest mistake is using PayPal for an overseas transaction. Had you used a major credit card you could have disputed the charge. At the very least DHL would have had to prove to their satisfaction that they delivered the package to you and have a valid signature.
Have you filed a dispute with PayPal? I did talk to a human there once when I had a problem and after some back and forth it was resolved. I don't know their policies outside of Ebay but it sounds like the next step. I think you are wasting your time trying to get Wiggle to figure it out.

Best of luck, I hope the problem is solved. I agree that is no way to treat a customer. If it happened to me I probably would take my business elsewhere.

cash05458
10-25-2014, 10:06 PM
yep, filed a paypal dispute...pretty simple: didn't get goods, want money returned...sorta strange to me wiggle would want to take it this far when they were so in error...ack, whatever...I sent them this link tonight to let them know maybe perhaps it will affect other new business....

AngryScientist
10-25-2014, 10:10 PM
i bet you'll wind up OK. if you file a paypal dispute, they should side with you if wiggle can not prove through their shipper that something was delivered to you. pretty cut and dry really.

keep us posted.

johnmdesigner
10-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Be sure to keep any e-mails from Wiggle to you. They can be sent to Paypal as evidence.
I got screwed once with PayPal. Lesson learned. I only use it to buy tires and tubes on Ebay.

oldpotatoe
10-26-2014, 05:17 AM
"and I think that WE, as buyers, as LARGE spenders, should send them a message financially that we won't deal with this sorta crap...anyhow"

I have an idea...

binxnyrwarrsoul
10-26-2014, 05:21 AM
Never used Wiggle (who names these places?), and never will.

AngryScientist
10-26-2014, 05:39 AM
and of course, just for the flip side, i've ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Wiggle over the years, most recently a set of zonda's at a criminally low price, and had nothing but great service from them.

velomonkey
10-26-2014, 06:01 AM
Yea, as other have said - paypal is your outlet - just show them they sent it to the wrong address and NOT the paypal address. Should be fairly quick.

I only ever order from them when the prices are criminally low. I did order the torque wrench from them - it was on sale - and the thing simply doesn't work. I can look at my stem and see the screws don't line up. I use my $20 ratchet one and the screws line up.

They are asking me to wait "whilst" they look into it. Here is the deal - I aint gonna pay $20 to ship it back as it cost me $40 on sale.

cash05458
10-26-2014, 08:02 AM
well, thanks all...had to laugh at your comment Pete as of course you are right there...and I too have ordered from wiggle before and it went fine...not sure what is going on this time...it will work out somehow I guess...if not, no biggie...this is what I get for being a cheap b**stard as well!

oldpotatoe
10-26-2014, 08:05 AM
well, thanks all...had to laugh at your comment Pete as of course you are right there...and I too have ordered from wiggle before and it went fine...not sure what is going on this time...it will work out somehow I guess...if not, no biggie...this is what I get for being a cheap b**stard as well!

Once had a UPS package sent to me..it went missing..UPS said it was 'signed for', even tho I wasn't home..signature was 'L. Bush'..as in left by Left Bush..

never did get it.

ultraman6970
10-26-2014, 08:23 AM
The last time I ordered from them they had my address wrong, looks like the system is made like for UK type of addresses format and when you type the US ones the thing kind'a split them. Had to go back and forth with them a couple of times with emails to get it corrected before even put an order with them. Check the profile before buying just in case some crap is wrong.

IMO DHL should have known if the address was wacky, not like delivering to the ninja turtles you know. Probably the driver figured it out the address was wrong, end of the day... f.. it!!... won't go all the way there for nothing!" and the dude just signed up as donald duck and kept it for himself or something, even there is a chance he saw somebody close and gave the box to the dude, you go figure, not defending the retail store but you never know, there's not honest people everywhere. I would have returned it to the warehouse as a bad address to have the dudes figuring out addresses to "address" the problem.

I got a box lost once, they gave me the money back, actually was the last time I bought from them a couple of years ago, but not that I wont buy from them no more either. I know other people from the forums complained because the stuff never arrived and wiggle sent the stuff again and those ones arrived on time, like a month after the original shipment arrived for example.

phcollard
10-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Last week I ordered a pair of H+Son TB14 rims. There's a comment box at the checkout stage where I wrote with capslock engaged : no DHL - Royal Mail only.

Next thing I know there's an email from Wiggle in my mailbox with pre-shipment notification and a DHL tracking number. I immediately email back asking to stop everything and cancel. Reply was "sorry we cannot cancel at this time as people in our warehouse are pretty quick but you can send the package back when you get it".

So I had to deal with DHL and their horrible customer service to get those rims delivered. That was a pain. Good news is I finally got them but that was quite some work. Never ordering from Wiggle again.

bobswire
10-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Last week I ordered a pair of H+Son TB14 rims. There's a comment box at the checkout stage where I wrote with capslock engaged : no DHL - Royal Mail only.

Next thing I know there's an email from Wiggle in my mailbox with pre-shipment notification and a DHL tracking number. I immediately email back asking to stop everything and cancel. Reply was "sorry we cannot cancel at this time as people in our warehouse are pretty quick but you can send the package back when you get it".

So I had to deal with DHL and their horrible customer service to get those rims delivered. That was a pain. Good news is I finally got them but that was quite some work. Never ordering from Wiggle again.

1.What, you don't want the DHL (yellow jersey colored) truck showing up in front of your house giving you away as a cyclist?

2. Did you really think they read the "comment box" on the payment page, you are lucky the warehouse guy packs the correct item before the pre-arranged pick-up by DHL.

3. You want Royal Mail, why you the Queen of England.
:)

cash05458
10-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Once had a UPS package sent to me..it went missing..UPS said it was 'signed for', even tho I wasn't home..signature was 'L. Bush'..as in left by Left Bush..

never did get it.

yeah, DHL page has my package as signed for by someone I have never heard of to a non existent addy here in town...wiggle won't return money until they are done with their "investigation"...I guess they are gonna bring sherlock holmes in or something...my fave tho of all of this, and this was after like ten days missing was an email from them, the team at wiggle, that they had decided I should "drive around and see if I can locate missing package"!!!!! you really have to laugh...oh yeah, just let me get my keys...

ultraman6970
10-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Potato the bush is at the front, not at the left, the UPS guy fail anatomy :p

Ozrider
10-26-2014, 02:36 PM
I have ordered from Wiggle over the last 5 years and so far no issues.
I also support my local bike shops having bought myself 2 bikes, my wife 1 and my sons 3 bikes and 3 sets of hand built wheels over the same time period.
Online shopping allows me to source parts or brands not stocked by my LBS.
There is a place for both in my opinion, and having bought from several sources I have found Wiggle and Fairwheel Bikes to be the most reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonW87
10-26-2014, 06:22 PM
I guess I'm alone here but I don't thiink two weeks is a lot of time to allow them to sort this out. You're ordering from overseas to get a very cheap price. This type of thing is the risk you take. If you don't want to take this risk, follow old potato's sage advice above.

rounder
10-26-2014, 06:40 PM
and of course, just for the flip side, i've ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Wiggle over the years, most recently a set of zonda's at a criminally low price, and had nothing but great service from them.

Same here . I have been a happy customer for years.. Everything arrived as ordered in less time than would have been expected from a U.S. company. Sorry about your bad experience, but Wiggle has been good to me.

jr59
10-26-2014, 06:59 PM
I guess I'm alone here but I don't thiink two weeks is a lot of time to allow them to sort this out. You're ordering from overseas to get a very cheap price. This type of thing is the risk you take. If you don't want to take this risk, follow old potato's sage advice above.

I agree with this

Tony
10-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Think about their food, cars and, come on now, the monarchy?!! Why should their service be any better :)

Seriously, Wiggle has been good to me too.

jimoots
10-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of "Online shopping is awesome, except when it's not"

rustychisel
10-26-2014, 11:31 PM
They way it works is

You don't have to deal with a d**khead when you order the stuff, then you don't have a d**khead to deal with when things go wrong. Who is the d**khead then?

:butt:

Ozrider
10-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Just had an order delivered today. Everything ordered in the box and in perfect condition.
8 days from ordering to delivery in Australia. Pretty good in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javaman
10-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Potato the bush is at the front, not at the left, the UPS guy fail anatomy :p

LOL!:banana:

cash05458
11-26-2014, 08:44 PM
so...an update on our fine friends at wiggle...at this point I guess I am about 7 or 8 weeks into the process...wiggle in fact finally recognized they lost the package as they had put a totally bizarre addy on it...wasn't mine ect...so they told me I had to wait until their investigations were done via DHL...about 3 weeks ago they wrote and said DHL had in fact located missing package and was sending back to england, to wiggle...whereupon I would get my 100 dollars back...I asked why I needed to wait for package to go back as if they are in touch with DHL ect and everyone recognizes problem ect...errr, they said, it is "our policy"...so waiting and waiting to hear from them...have asked their customer service 4 times now via status and don't even get a response from them...so still waiting for the refund of my 100 bucks for a package they mislabeled, found with their carrier but still have not returned my money and this nearly two months after this fiasco began ..I suppose it could take DHL 3 weeks to return said package to wiggle...but I have to say, this is about the worst customer service I have ever encountered...and am still waiting for the refund of my funds for good I never have seen...and oh, about 4 hours of countless emails...

kittytrail
11-26-2014, 11:44 PM
looks like a classic DHell story like i've had for the last 25 years or so when something goes wrong with them. not to try to help Wiggle wiggle out of this, looks like they've been on the stupid side of customer service when it got a bit too complex for their reps' brains to handle. well working brains cost mucho denario in CS. :)

soulspinner
11-27-2014, 06:51 AM
I remember reading somewhere something along the lines of "Online shopping is awesome, except when it's not"

yup. It goes right 100 times then, when something goes wrong its a cluster@#$%........................had trouble like this with PBK, 30 days later the parts showed up and the order had the wrong parts in it...