PDA

View Full Version : Question about charging Di2 for first time

Fishbike
10-25-2014, 04:49 PM
So I am drinking the Kool-Aid and had Ultegra 6870 Di2 installed on a new bike shipped to me. Bike was mostly assembled -- I connected the battery in the seat post to the wire in the seat tube and connected the shifter wires and central wire to the junction box under the stem. I then connected the power cord to the junction box and laptop. It seems the junction box should be orange when charging but I get nothing. I can't get the junction box lights to illuminate at all. Any ideas on how I can get the system to charge?

tigoat
10-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Try to connect to the wall instead of laptop. Your battery might also be fully charged. Done this many times just don't remember all the details offhand at the moment.

shovelhd
10-25-2014, 05:14 PM
So I am drinking the Kool-Aid and had Ultegra 6870 Di2 installed on a new bike shipped to me. Bike was mostly assembled -- I connected the battery in the seat post to the wire in the seat tube and connected the shifter wires and central wire to the junction box under the stem. I then connected the power cord to the junction box and laptop. It seems the junction box should be orange when charging but I get nothing. I can't get the junction box lights to illuminate at all. Any ideas on how I can get the system to charge?

What does the E-Tube software discover?

oldpotatoe
10-26-2014, 05:22 AM

Software when connected to laptop, check that and when you push the wee button on the junction box, not connected to laptop-green light? Battery charge. Are ders connected?

itchyjoe
10-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Same thing happened to me before discovering the battery was already fully charged. And you can check it just as the previous poster said. You're gonna love the Koolaid!