PDA

View Full Version : Tubulars

coylifut
03-16-2006, 07:31 PM
never seen these before

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/bicycle/themes/tires/race/sprinter_gatorskin/sprinter_gatorskin_en.html

gasman
03-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Cool-- but why use tubbies then ? My clincher conti gatorskins are not as nice as my Michelins or Vredesteins.

CalfeeFly
03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
That is interesting...their Tufo Killer?

Too Tall
03-17-2006, 06:40 AM
They are doing the same with the Competiton tubulars and that is 315 grams :)

Quite frankly I'm waiting for someone else to try them as I'm suspicious that adding more fabric will detract from the decent ride of the sprinter and competition. FWIIW Last eve. I FINALLY tore off the TUFO Elite Roads that I've been commuting on for two seasons. These sukrs' must have 10,000+ miles on them! I loaded both with sealant when new. The front never popped and the rear had several punctures that the sealant eventually solved...key word "EVENTUALLY". I got sick of the ride quality...it is just awful and running the rear at 85 lbs...which is all it seemed to be able to hold without spewing sealant!!!

Anyone want to mess with them before I throw them on the heap?! As mein pipple say..."NEVER AGAIN".

ergott
03-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Cool-- but why use tubbies then ?

Some people still use fountain pens, why not?

CalfeeFly
03-17-2006, 08:47 AM
They are doing the same with the Competiton tubulars and that is 315 grams :)

Quite frankly I'm waiting for someone else to try them as I'm suspicious that adding more fabric will detract from the decent ride of the sprinter and competition. FWIIW Last eve. I FINALLY tore off the TUFO Elite Roads that I've been commuting on for two seasons. These sukrs' must have 10,000+ miles on them! I loaded both with sealant when new. The front never popped and the rear had several punctures that the sealant eventually solved...key word "EVENTUALLY". I got sick of the ride quality...it is just awful and running the rear at 85 lbs...which is all it seemed to be able to hold without spewing sealant!!!

Anyone want to mess with them before I throw them on the heap?! As mein pipple say..."NEVER AGAIN".

SO did you like your Tufo's? :banana:

On your theory I'm afraid it makes sense and could very well be right. My thought was they might ride better than a Tufo even if it isn't the same as the more flat prone version of the Sprinter.

Would somebody please buy them and let us know? Thanks.

Too Tall
03-17-2006, 09:16 AM
What you said :cool:
Geeze, I really need to post a picture of the TUFOs. What the heck are they made of to last so long and still have a decent tread? OMG this is the first time I have EVER trashed a tubular that was not ruined or popped. Skery.

MartyE
03-17-2006, 08:27 PM
. . . As mein pipple say..."NEVER AGAIN".

to quote e-RICHIE (atmo)
"I've always thought of you as part of my mishboucha" (sic)

e-RICHIE
03-17-2006, 08:49 PM
to quote e-RICHIE (atmo)
"I've always thought of you as part of my mishboucha" (sic)