PDA

View Full Version : How to create a cycling work out?

dsimon
10-22-2014, 08:39 AM
So here is the deal. I know how to track everything I do but I don't know how to put a program together. I might need something along the lines of what a triathlete does. do to the Fact that Im in the military and still need to run and do push ups. Also I have an Idea of what I want to do week to week but how do I go about putting it together is there a program or something that could help? again I have an idea and the exercises I just need something to put it down on as it gets colder and we start to go indoor i dont want to show up at the gym and do a wasted workout. thanks

rzthomas
10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
The best way to start is to find out how much time do you have available to ride in an average week. Trainingpeaks has "canned" training programs you can buy that are optimized to the time you have available. They also have triathlete focused plans that may be what you're looking for. The slowtwitch forum may have insights into those.

nooneline
10-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Start by reading Joe Friel's "The Cyclist's Training Bible."

Jgrooms
10-22-2014, 09:37 AM
start by reading joe friel's "the cyclist's training bible."

+1

MattTuck
10-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Start by reading Joe Friel's "The Cyclist's Training Bible."

+1

Yep. If you don't want to buy it, it should be available at your local library -- or they can obtain it through inter-library loan.

Brian Cdn
10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Lots of options.
Given your schedule sign up at indoor cycle studio or hire an online coach. As said, read up on training programs (there's lots out there in mags, books and online). Find a reasonable program that fits into your schedule.

Cheers