PDA

View Full Version : Watched Slaying the Badger for a second time today

Rebel_Biker
10-20-2014, 07:48 PM
I am really drawn to this story and the movie is on netflix, so it is always tempting to watch it again.

I read the book and went to the premiere in Tribeca. I did not get to ask the director or Gregg any questions as we ran out of time.

My 2 cents.

I don't like the direction. The story is so much better than the movie. I really don't understand why there was anytime spent on Lance Armstrong. Was he in either the 85 or 86 tours? The story, and book, focus on the Bernard and Gregg relationship and competition.

I come out of this a big Bernard Hinault fan. To me, he is the epitome of a cyclist. He is exciting the way he instinctively attacks and punishes the competition.

I disliked Paul Koechli the first time through. But the second time, I understand that he wanted Lemond to be more like Hinault. He wanted Lemond to learn how to use his talent and understand how to play the "game." I understand that Paul was explaining the Lemond might have been stronger but Hinault was a better cyclist, because he played the game better.

Maybe I will have a different view when I watch it the next time.

pbarry
10-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Yes, please watch it again. You missed Lance, and the crux of the story. :rolleyes:

Dr Luxurious
10-20-2014, 09:21 PM
yes, please watch it again. You missed lance, and the crux of the story. :rolleyes:

huh haaaaaaaaaaaa!! :)

Jgrooms
10-21-2014, 06:54 AM
Come on! Cycling = LA dontchaknow? Poor GL lives in a perpetual state of what if...

Dr Luxurious
10-21-2014, 09:34 AM
I once met Hampsten on the road & rode with him for a bit. Must have been '93.

I wanted so badly to ask what the smurf was up Tapie and Koechli but I didn't want to bug him. I'd love to hear his take on things w/out a camera around...

Rebel_Biker
10-21-2014, 11:58 AM
I once met Hampsten on the road & rode with him for a bit. Must have been '93.

I wanted so badly to ask what the smurf was up Tapie and Koechli but I didn't want to bug him. I'd love to hear his take on things w/out a camera around...

I think he was pretty honest in the movie. He did confirm that Koechli told him to attack and see if he could take the yellow jersey. That is when he mentioned that he was just too tired.