PDA

View Full Version : Uber Suicide Squirrel!

Saxon
10-19-2014, 08:04 PM
I've had a few run-ins with suicide squirrels on my bike, but today near San Jose, on 880, I saw a super squirrel cross 12 (!) busy lanes of traffic and get to the other side unharmed! I am duly impressed ::hello: :banana::banana:

1centaur
10-19-2014, 08:13 PM
I once saw a squirrel cross 3 lanes of 60 mph afternoon commute traffic on Route 1 north leaving Boston, crossing to the jersey barriers in the middle, lifting his (or her) tail just in time to clear the fast lane car ahead of me. Amazing speed.

bcroslin
10-19-2014, 08:35 PM
I nearly rode into a curb once watching a squirrel dart back and forth across 4 lanes and a median. The guy behind me said he couldn't figure out why I was drifting into the gutter and when I told him I'm pretty sure he thought I was crazy. The squirrel somehow made it across unscathed but it would have been bad had I taken half the group down with me.

bikinchris
10-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I had a squirrel jump out from under a bush right in front of my wheel. he obviously didn't see me coming and was very surprised. I wasn't going to crash for a squirrel, so I didn't do anything. So the squirrel jumps from a bush right on the side of the road, and as he barely goes by my front wheel, I see his big eyes and he starts backpedaling like a cartoon character and I hear his claws scratching the pavement and his little feet going like crazy. He turns and runs right under my bottom bracket and makes it back to the bush before getting run over by my rear wheel. I laughed so hard, I nearly fell off.

Saint Vitus
10-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Squirrels, ha! I had a full grown pig head straight for the front wheel of my BMW in the middle of nowhere Florida. The damned thing stopped inches from sending me off into the swampy tree infested shoulder. Fortunately swine are a sentient being.

bcroslin
10-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Squirrels, ha! I had a full grown pig head straight for the front wheel of my BMW in the middle of nowhere Florida. The damned thing stopped inches from sending me off into the swampy tree infested shoulder. Fortunately swine are a sentient being.

The hogs here in FL are a huge issue and it's common to see "road-kill bbq" when you're driving in the sticks.

Saint Vitus
10-20-2014, 09:48 AM
The hogs here in FL are a huge issue and it's common to see "road-kill bbq" when you're driving in the sticks.

He was good sized too, there was plenty of bacon and pulled pork sandwiches in that one lol

elong8
10-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I've run over a squirrel. I was riding a track bike down a hill on the bike path and just couldn't stop. Felt terrible, but nothing I could do. Same thing with a snake. Felt less terrible.