PDA

View Full Version : Just trying to make sure I get the right part & a saddle care question

makoti
10-19-2014, 05:17 PM
1) Ritchey Logic carbon seatpost and a Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow. The current bolt is too small. Do I need the 8x8.5? It looks that way, but just trying not to order the wrong thing. The new rails don't seem bigger, but I guess they are.
2) The saddle has a small scuff in the leather on the back edge from a fall. Doesn't go all the way through, but I want to make sure it doesn't get any worse. Any tips to repair something like this?

dan682
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM
2. I have a 1" tear on the side of a saddle from a crash last year - I sanded it down a little, filled the cut in with superglue, and then colored over it with a sharpie. It's not noticeable from a few feet away, and hasn't gotten any worse.

makoti
10-19-2014, 07:05 PM
2. I have a 1" tear on the side of a saddle from a crash last year - I sanded it down a little, filled the cut in with superglue, and then colored over it with a sharpie. It's not noticeable from a few feet away, and hasn't gotten any worse.

I thought superglue might do the trick. Kind of liquid duct tape. ;-)

jmoore
10-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Warning: super glue dries hard and brittle. It's not really formulated to flex once it sets.

Depending on where the scuff is, a sharp edge could eat a hole your shorts. Personally, I'd just color the scuff with a Sharpie and watch where I leaned the bike. I don't see the scuff opening up any more. And if it does, that saddle model is an easy repair.