PDA

View Full Version : Final stage of Paris-Nice

Keith A
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I had the chance to watch the final stage of the Paris-Nice last night that I recorder from OLN on Sunday. What a great stage to watch! I was so happy that Marcus Zberg was able to pull off the win. On the final climb Contador and Rodriguez kept dropping Zberg and he would claw his way back, this must have happened four or five times. Then Contador and Rodriguez got a good gap on Zberg and I thought they were gone for good. However, two guys escaped from the main bunch and joined Zberg and the three of them caught Contador and Rodriguez in the final kms with the peleton not far behind. But when Zberg when for the finish line, the other four couldn't stay with him and he got the well deserved (IMHO) win.

I hope OLN keeps showing some the early events like this as reading this on CyclingNews.com doesn't give you the same perspective as watching it.

BTW, I saw that the Discovery Channel was working hard for the Team Classification and were ahead going into the last stage -- but they ended up loosing by only three seconds.

gasman
03-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Keith -
I agree- it was a great stage. Also nice to see Floyd win overall,he is doing well early in the season. He doesn't give a great interview but I felt he was "real" and down to earth.
OLN will have coverage almost every Sunday at 5 pm EST of the events that week. Milan-San Remo should be fun to watch this Sunday.