PDA

View Full Version : Chain Reaction cycles - Amazing service

johnniecakes
10-17-2014, 10:38 AM
I needed some incidental bits for a build I am just completing and rather than drive 45 minutes to the shop I know would have everything I ordered them from Chain Reaction in the UK. I placed the order Monday afternoon and the shipment arrived on Thursday afternoon. I kept adding small stuff, cables, bar tape until I got to the $100 free shipping. Truly good pricing and amazingly fast delivery. I may be a convert.

bluesea
10-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I've had good service but unless things have changed, their corrugated boxes are of the worst quality. Three times I've received large boxes that were all smashed up and torn apart with sizable holes.

vqdriver
10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
good experience with them as well. i would buy from there again, but probably only hardware. stuff that needs sizing like clothes or shoes is too expensive to ship back and forth. and yeah, i get stuff from there faster than from the east coast ground.

Idris Icabod
10-17-2014, 12:04 PM
I've order multiple times from Chain Reaction but for me delivery is wildly variable since it is in the hands of the post office system (both the UK or maybe Ireland via the UK and the US), from a week to literally 2 months for one order. I only order things from there that I have no rush for, tyres, spare disc rotors etc. My last order included a disc rotor and they only included 3 bolts since they repackage. They overnighted the remaining 3 bolts, so customer service is excellent but in my experience I think your shipping wasn't the norm.

gdw
10-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I've had excellent service from Chain Reaction and also highly recommend them. Packages generally take 10-14 days to reach Colorado which is acceptable especially since it's free on orders over $100.

seanile
10-17-2014, 12:29 PM
hmm. well ive been waiting 2 weeks for a bottom bracket to cincinnati..

abalone
10-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I ordered from them also and the service was good. I was concerned with having to photocopy my driver's license and credit card to mail (or PDF email) to them. I don't think that is very secure in this day and age with identity theft.

Lovetoclimb
10-17-2014, 12:47 PM
anyone had experience returning items? I need to do that but shipping will be very costly, the cheapest is USPS first class (untracked after hitting US customs) for $20!

seanile
10-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I ordered from them also and the service was good. I was concerned with having to photocopy my driver's license and credit card to mail (or PDF email) to them. I don't think that is very secure in this day and age with identity theft.

whyd you have to do that?

krhea
10-17-2014, 12:53 PM

Why would anybody do that??? There are plenty of other MUCH more secure places to purchase bike parts then to copy critical personal info such as that and then mail it. Wow, hard to believe they would ask for that and even harder to believe someone would do it.

Joachim
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=abalone;1640829] I was concerned with having to photocopy my driver's license and credit card to mail (or PDF email) to them. /QUOTE]

You are joking right? If not, I have $25 million that I can wire you from a Nigerian account (my uncle owns oil fields).

abalone
10-17-2014, 01:02 PM
whyd you have to do that?

It was a few years ago actually. I ordered some parts and had some probs with the online order system so they took my order via telephone. And they asked for a photocopy of ID and the credit card. So I copied, scanned as PDF, and emailed that to them. Maybe things have changed, but that is what I had to do.

gdw
10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
They take PayPal so you don't have to use your credit card.

Ken Robb
10-17-2014, 01:20 PM
They take PayPal so you don't have to use your credit card.

And nothing could go wrong with PayPal, right? :rolleyes: Sorry for the sarcasm, but I had some BAD experiences with PayPal.

campy man
10-18-2014, 12:42 AM
I have bought Mavic & DT rims from them with excellent results. Pricing has been excellent and shipping both free & fast to So CA.

tedski
10-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Love their service as well, couple times they ship the wrong items. The items were low value and small, they just shipped me the right one the next day, don't even require me to ship the wrong item back.