View Full Version : Job op? bike industry

eddief
10-17-2014, 10:31 AM
http://kentinternational.com/job-postings

Not in the groovy high end world, but more in the schlock part of the biz:

Position:
Logistics Analyst

Job duties:
Analyze, plan, and coordinate daily logistics functions of importing bicycle and accessories from Asia; Analyze contracts, customer specifications, or related informaton to determine logistics and support requirements; utilize logistic metric and internal analysis tools, and key performance indicators ("KPI") for business to keep management apprised of the status and progress of compliance and operations; provide ongoing analyses in areas such as transportation costs, parts procurement, back orders or delivery processes of upper management; analyze and interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management & transportation; coordinate with sales team, U.S. buyers, and suppliers overseas to analyze customers' needs and direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies and finished products from overseas; monitor shipment to ensure timely arrival to customers’ warehouse; maintain record keeping in Excel spreadsheets and related databases.

Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field plus 2 years of logistics experience involving import or export of commodities between U.S. and Asia. Experience must include enhancing supply chain efficiency and import/export compliance.

Send resume to HR, Department- Attn: Jose Tamayo. Kent International Inc., 60 East Halsey Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054.

Davist
10-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Ooh, we used to buy Kent bikes by the container full at the shop when I was in high school.. $179 out the door. I made $2/bike for assembly and it seemed every rear tire was defective. Sometimes someone would use the box as a trash can at the factory, you can imagine how ripe old lunch gets after a sea voyage.

I borrowed one for a while, actually a pretty good campus cruiser.

Good times.:banana:

Limonade
10-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Man, $2/bike sounded so cheap...then I realized I used to be able assemble 2 bikes/hr and was only making $5.75/hr in high school, so I was only making an extra $0.75.bike than you! Wow we were cheap! haha...

Ooh, we used to buy Kent bikes by the container full at the shop when I was in high school.. $179 out the door. I made $2/bike for assembly and it seemed every rear tire was defective. Sometimes someone would use the box as a trash can at the factory, you can imagine how ripe old lunch gets after a sea voyage.

I borrowed one for a while, actually a pretty good campus cruiser.

Good times.:banana:

cash05458
10-17-2014, 09:10 PM
2 bucks per bike...that is hilarious...