PDA

View Full Version : NEWS ALERT!!! Don't miss us on CNBC

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
CNBC's On The Money
Thursday night, March 16, 7-8pm.

Tune in to see a behind the scenes look at the customization that makes your Serotta unique and how cycling is the new golf for those that like to work hard and play hard, just like you.

Argos
03-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Is this some sort of spammer advertising? Someone should tell the administrator! :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Any chance one of you rich bike owners could let me come over and watch this on your 50 inch plasma? I promise to park my Huffy where noone can see it. :rolleyes:

BBD

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Any chance one of you rich bike owners could let me come over and watch this on your 50 inch plasma? I promise to park my Huffy where noone can see it. :rolleyes:

BBD

Hey BBD,

You mean to say the newsroom does not have Cnbc on.

OK, Dave buy a Meivici and I will send you a DVD!!!!!

catulle
03-15-2006, 09:12 AM
New golf...!!!??? Oh no, you killed me...!!! I'm running to my bikes and I'm chopping them down with the edge of my hand..!! Cycling like golf...?? Please tell me that's not so, please....

Samster
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
CNBC's On The Money
Thursday night, March 16, 7-8pm.

Tune in to see a behind the scenes look at the customization that makes your Serotta unique and how cycling is the new golf for those that like to work hard and play hard, just like you.

Is that EST?

Kevan
03-15-2006, 09:21 AM
cycling is the new golf

Cool! Saddle-style road shoes with spikes! Hear this Sandy? Just your kinda stuff! Kinky.

Ti Designs
03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
... and how cycling is the new golf...

Funny hats, ugly shoes and a love affair with carbon and titanium - yeh, I can see that.

nick0137
03-15-2006, 09:41 AM
If any of you have seen Sean Kelly do a piece to camera you just know he has a great future in the "wooden ex-pro" world of golf/cycling tv....

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Is that EST?

Yes

fiamme red
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Andrew, how long is the feature on Serotta? What part of the hour will it be on?

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Andrew, how long is the feature on Serotta? What part of the hour will it be on?

We do not know how long the feature or when in the hour. They are doing a segment on the new business meeting. Where once it was the golf game or the racket ball game has now become the cycling ride/meeting.

Ozz
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
...cycling is the new golf ...
So you're saying I will never be any good no matter how much time and money I throw at the sport? ;)

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
So you're saying I will never be any good no matter how much time and money I throw at the sport? ;)

does mini putt count????

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2006, 11:05 AM
<<Where once it was the golf game or the racket ball game has now become the cycling ride/meeting.>>

I go riding to get AWAY from the %$&* meetings! :eek:

BBD

Kevan
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
cycling too will finally have its 19th hole equivalent?

Best keep this news from the missus.

ergott
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
As long as you're spamming you should make this a sticky post. I almost missed this and I want to set my machine up tonight to tape it.

OldDog
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
cycling is the new golf for those that like to work hard and play hard,.

good grief.....next they will be discussing the virtues of carbon or the latest wicking fabric at the Masonic Lodge.

Kevan
03-15-2006, 12:41 PM
good grief.....next they will be discussing the virtues of carbon or the latest wicking fabric at the Masonic Lodge.

last week's luncheon topic. Good Salsbury Steak too!

YO!!!
03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
:beer: Better get your orders in now for the latest cycling gear...
battery powered insulated panniers for carrying your 6 pack
of cool ones.

That's what happened when golf became the corporate outing
du jour.

BTW...cyclists should not throw rocks at folks who wear funny clothes.

spiderlake
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't think Andrew and CNBC are too far off in their assessment as cycling being the new golf of the corporate world. A co-worker tried in earnest to get a golf league formed this coming summer. 4 people (out of 300+ in our department) said they were interested. I was quite surprised but even more surprising is the number of people that have shown interest in our weekly department rides (MTB). Last summer, we had a core group of 5-6 riders that showed up on a weekly basis. Based on the questions I have been getting about our rides, I'd say we are going to double or maybe even triple our numbers this year.

On the road side of cycling - there are two large companies here in town where the owners are big-time cyclists. One owner sponsors the Disco team and the other owner brings in riders from his plant in France to take part in the corporate challenge road race. Another example would be my wife's company putting together a pro team this year. That seems to indicate, to me at least, a growing popularity for cycling in the corporate world.

I look forward to the CNBC broadcast!

Darrin

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
. . . think they can just buy a bike, go out and use OUR roads! :rolleyes:

BBD

Kevan
03-15-2006, 03:30 PM
passes me barking,"Playing through!"

OldDog
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM

HA! That's good.

fiamme red
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Why not combine the two?

http://www.golfatv.com/pages/1/index.htm

vaxn8r
03-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Or worse yet, how about Fore!

72gmc
03-15-2006, 03:53 PM
cycling is the new golf

(whispering) And here's Tom. Looks like he's about 200 meters out. He's reaching into his suitcase of courage and... what's that he's got there, Lanny? Looks like he's got an eleven. He wants to take this left-to-right here, go around that large Petacchi hazard on the right and just clear the Zabel there... aaaand he's stretching the elastic... oh, there it goes. Well done and he's plus-one on the day.

davids
03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think Andrew and CNBC are too far off in their assessment as cycling being the new golf of the corporate world. A co-worker tried in earnest to get a golf league formed this coming summer. 4 people (out of 300+ in our department) said they were interested. I was quite surprised but even more surprising is the number of people that have shown interest in our weekly department rides (MTB). Last summer, we had a core group of 5-6 riders that showed up on a weekly basis. Based on the questions I have been getting about our rides, I'd say we are going to double or maybe even triple our numbers this year.

On the road side of cycling - there are two large companies here in town where the owners are big-time cyclists. One owner sponsors the Disco team and the other owner brings in riders from his plant in France to take part in the corporate challenge road race. Another example would be my wife's company putting together a pro team this year. That seems to indicate, to me at least, a growing popularity for cycling in the corporate world.

I look forward to the CNBC broadcast!

Darrin
There was an article in the NY Times a few months back, about how cycling (and other "extreme" sports :confused: ) is turning into a new way for rich and powerful Silicon Valley types to unwind and network at the same time.

It's good news, atmo!

Bud
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
So how was the CNBC thing? I didn't get home in time to watch it.

Ken Robb
03-15-2006, 07:49 PM
er Bud, this isn't Thursday.

Bud
03-15-2006, 07:58 PM
er Bud, this isn't Thursday.

Damn. I knew this week was confusing me, but I didn't know how much until now. I must be experiencing some kind of temporal anomaly. . .

hybridbellbaske
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Don't worry Bud- it IS Thursday in Australia!

Bud
03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't worry Bud- it IS Thursday in Australia!

Maybe that's it- my wife's an Aussie. She's the cause of my temporal displacement.

slowgoing
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
There's a group of about six of us at work that live near each other and ride together, off and on. We hardly talk about work when we ride. It's more an escape, although we do share dos and don'ts about frames and builders and equipment.

But that pales in comparison to the size of the group that goes to the shooting range.

Sandy
03-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Should be very interesting for Serotta Forum viewers and members.

Sandy

CarbonCycles
03-16-2006, 07:58 AM
This is both good and bad news. Good in that it brings more money into cycling for awareness...bad in that it brings in more weekend warriors with more 'tude than brains :argue: which ultimately leads to more legal b.s. eventually :(

Maybe call me a snob, but to me cycling was/is a way to spend some quality time with myself and close friends as the miles slowly chip away the stresses of daily life. Last thing I want is for some co-worker blabbin about a report or office gossip...leave it at work! Finally, all this influx of money (you guys have all seen it, some newb buys the hottest, greatest and most expensive gizmo in cycling but takes it out for no more than one ride and is done) into cycling may drive up prices even more :eek: Thank goodness it's almost Friday...be safe!

ti_boi
03-16-2006, 08:27 AM
New golf...!!!??? Oh no, you killed me...!!! I'm running to my bikes and I'm chopping them down with the edge of my hand..!! Cycling like golf...?? Please tell me that's not so, please....

I can see it now....on the back 9th mile..."So Charlie, your comfortable with the deal? Right?.....I am but you gotta talk to Bill and you dropped him back there and he looks pissed......Uh, oh.....OK, be back in a second....."

george
03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
...just set my tivo... :)

OldDog
03-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Caddi, knowledgable in bicycle mechanics, gearing ratios, nutrition, sports massage and capable of pushing chubby 48 y.o. up mild inclines. Salary: none.

Ken Robb
03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
"some newb buys the hottest, greatest and most expensive gizmo in cycling but takes it out for no more than one ride and is done) into cycling may drive up prices even more"

I love this because then we get good buys on like-new "used" bikes! :banana:

Kevan
03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm pondering on Ebay:

Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-gas-G16-golf-cart-in-like-new-condition_W0QQitemZ7226597344QQcategoryZ64664QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem)

e-RICHIE
03-16-2006, 06:58 PM
it all happened so fast iirc

catulle
03-16-2006, 08:00 PM
$15,000 and $25,000 bikes? Wasn't the Merlin the old geezer was riding $12,000? Jeez, what do they have? $2,500 for expensive Record/DA gruppo, $2,500 for carbon wheels, and a $7,000 Merlin frame? How about the $25,000 bike, how do they get to $25,000? And I thought I had an expensive taste in bicycles. I didn't take kindly the mention of cycling being the new golf, but other than that I thought it was a pretty cool, albeit short, piece. Those Serotta bikes look mighty cool.

Serotta_James
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
It was cool. Couple good shots of our boys Chad and Scott working in alignment and final QC.
Ben did well.

EPOJoe
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
cycling is the new golf.
Does this mean my brand new oversized Ti/carbon bike will be worth $25.00 in six months when the bigger bikes come out? :confused:

BumbleBeeDave
03-16-2006, 08:11 PM
<<Ben did well.>>

You were maybe expecting him to pick his nose on camera? :eek: :rolleyes: :p ;)

BBD

YO!!!
03-16-2006, 08:44 PM
The accountants are already figuring the price of new cycling gear
into next year's budget. :cool:

$15,000 and $25,000 bikes? Wasn't the Merlin the old geezer was riding $12,000? Jeez, what do they have? $2,500 for expensive Record/DA gruppo, $2,500 for carbon wheels, and a $7,000 Merlin frame? How about the $25,000 bike, how do they get to $25,000? And I thought I had an expensive taste in bicycles. I didn't take kindly the mention of cycling being the new golf, but other than that I thought it was a pretty cool, albeit short, piece. Those Serotta bikes look mighty cool.

Kevan
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
What with prognosticators talking $100 for a barrel of crude, any talk of bike, regardless of make, build, cost, or purpose is a good thing.

Korn Julio
03-16-2006, 08:59 PM
The most amusing part of the piece was when the reporter just couldn't keep the bike straight while doing a sound bite and pedaling a $10,000 Special Gold Edition LIVESTRONG Madone. But who's the cute brunette with the long, curly hair working in the Serotta factory?? :p :D

Sandy
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
The most amusing part of the piece was when the reporter just couldn't keep the bike straight while doing a sound bite and pedaling a $10,000 Special Gold Edition LIVESTRONG Madone. But who's the cute brunette with the long, curly hair working in the Serotta factory?? :p :D

Kevan???

Brian Smith
03-16-2006, 10:03 PM
But who's the cute brunette with the long, curly hair working in the Serotta factory?? :p :D

I haven't seen the footage, but it was probably Shannon D.
She's in the lower right picture on the staff page of the new catalog, have you got that handy? Why not? :)

- lower left guy

Korn Julio
03-17-2006, 05:56 AM
I haven't seen the footage, but it was probably Shannon D.
She's in the lower right picture on the staff page of the new catalog, have you got that handy? Why not? :)

- lower left guy

Yes, lower left guy -- I think that's her. Thank goodness it wasn't Kevan 'cause I started to get this icky feeling all over.

Another question: Are Sandy & Ben Serotta related? They can ALMOST pass as twins. Or maybe just separated at birth? :confused:

Smiley
03-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Michelle Carusa Cabrerra is a HOT financial reporter and anchor with CNBC , too bad Serotta could not get her on a better bike then the Trek she rode . Nice piece to close out the show with . Ben had his white shirt startched up pretty good. Anyway PROPS to Serotta for being on TV .

Kevan
03-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Yes, lower left guy -- I think that's her. Thank goodness it wasn't Kevan 'cause I started to get this icky feeling all over.

Another question: Are Sandy & Ben Serotta related? They can ALMOST pass as twins. Or maybe just separated at birth? :confused:

Moreover, when Ben catches wind of this question both you and Sandy will be booted off this forum, I can promise you that!

Actually, I too was asked to participate in the Serotta catalog shoot, but negotiations stumbled over my fee.

Headwinds
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I almost thought I saw my bike being built....

One thing I am happy about is that FINALLY the mainstream media is beginning to take notice of the eminent oil problem.

As for me, my next car is going to be a Vespa!

JohnS
03-17-2006, 09:55 AM
It was great except for that 1/2 second shot near the end of that bike with the wacked-out dimensions. The sloper with the high, turned up bars. :no:

Kevan
03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
As for me, my next car is going to be a Vespa!

I'm this [ ] close myself.

victoryfactory
03-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Did you see the shot of them flexing the front end of
a MeiVici?

WOW!

That testing machine was pushing the fork in about a foot!

VF

JohnS
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Finally, all this influx of money (you guys have all seen it, some newb buys the hottest, greatest and most expensive gizmo in cycling but takes it out for no more than one ride and is done) into cycling may drive up prices even more
How is that different than some of the people on this forum??? :confused:

CarbonCycles
03-17-2006, 03:19 PM
How is that different than some of the people on this forum??? :confused:

key word "newb"...many of the ppl on this board are probably well beyond the newb and into the "I should seek therapy" stage :banana:

It's Friday and the Irish are calling...have a great weekend!