PDA

View Full Version : Time xpresso pedals?

dsimon
10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Any comments on them? like and or dislikes. thanks

FlashUNC
10-13-2014, 01:36 PM
I've converted over completely to the Xpressos. Overall, I really like them. Lightweight, and you get the float that Time is famous for. The pedal platform is huge and doesn't cause hotspots like small pedal interfaces. I like that the cleat is designed to hide the portion that engages the pedal itself from wear with walking. The zero effort on clip-in is nice. However, they're not perfect.

Cons: The pedal is so light that, coming from Look Deltas, I was expecting the back half of the pedal to weight down so I can "scoop" the pedal when I clipped it. That didn't happen. Still doesn't. Can make clipping in sometimes a little annoying. Also, you'll occasionally get a false clip-in, where the mechanism engages but the cleat isn't fully seated on the pedal. Takes unclipping and clipping back in, but still. And the walkable bits on the cleats wear a bit quick for my taste. Oh, and the pointy edges can leave some nice cuts on your calf if you're not paying attention, but that's more operator than equipment.

Long list of dislikes compared to the likes, but overall I really do like them and will use them for the forseeable future.

Wakatel_Luum
10-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I use and like them...

My only complaints are the use of bushings instead of some bearings and the sharp edges...

JWDR
10-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I've contemplated going over mine with some sand paper to try to knock the edges down but haven't paid too much attention to what ever part seems to slice up my left calf.

ultraman6970
10-13-2014, 07:53 PM
My only complain about the new models is that wouldnt have been that hard to just make the pedals compatible with the old cleats, in a matter of fact are almost identical but in the back. That would have helped a lot more with a friendly transition to the new stuff by old time pedal users.

Never understood those moves from time and their pedals. So easy, just use the same darn clean and problem solved.

Idris Icabod
10-13-2014, 10:38 PM
I have them on all my bikes. Agree with the above, I've gouged my leg walking past a bike in the garage, but only once. The one complaint is that the cleats aren't very robust, I don't walk often in my shoes but the cleats seem to wear out often.

elong8
10-19-2014, 12:30 AM
I just switched to these pedals recently. Was a bit unsure at first because of a) the major float. Feels at times like I'm not even clicked in. B) the cleat/pedal interface. Clicking in was hard to get accustomed to. But now I love them. I came from SPD SL. Won't go back. Plus they're a handsome setup.